Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddhist Agony Aunt/Problem Solver

XraymanXrayman Veteran
edited January 2006 in Buddhism Basics
Just thought we should have a problem forum-any problem where you could submit an issue and get some advice from the sangha

(How does this sound Federica etc.?)

Okay I know it may be lame-but there seems to be some good problems posed around the forum, but they get asked at unusual places-okay I'll go away..:hrm:

love you all, *moves away not making eye contact*.

regards

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    That would be a good idea, if people would stick to it....

But what I see happening already is that progressively, people take the opportunity in any case, to air what ails them, depending on the topic.
    And I think I should add, because it has been my experience, that airing serious problems generally, for perusal by absolutely everyone and anyone, can occasionally be at best thoughtless, and at worst very risky....
    I recognise your Intention (just my View) as being both honourable and well-intentioned.... however, I think experience demonstrates that in this field, it may not be a viable option....

Naturally, I am more than open to contradiction, and comments from others.....

Thank you, Xrayman.... ;)
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited January 2006
    I have to agree, Fede.

This is global and you don't even have to be a member to see some of the issues that might be posted.

Like those pictures of you in those Village People costumes. Not for the general populace. Even thought I still find the one of you as a construction worker totally hot and steamy.

You can YMCA my way any day! Yeah, baby!

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    Oh, BF... You poor sad man... *Tsk tsk tsk!!* You haven't been taking the little yellow ones, have you?
    Don't you remember what the nice man in the white coat said to you?

"Pills or jacket - take yer pick!!"
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited January 2006
    forget it.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Hey Xray....

We didn't mean to shoot you down.

If there is something personal that you would like to discuss here - I promise I will give it my utmost compassion, care and seriousness.

I think Freddie and I also want to protect other here by making them aware that this information is available globally.

So... if you've got some crazy, whacked out psychopathic ex that stalks and "googles" you - you might want to think twice about posting very personal information here.

I mean this with the utmost care and concern.

-bf
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited January 2006
    cool