Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Mother Tantra - anybody interested in having updates from the teacher posted here?

edited June 2011 in Sanghas
Let's form a new sangha within the forum - if you want to take part contact me - if not please keep quiet.

I met THE MOTHER tantra teacher recently and she is keen to have her teachings spread to you guys, after I told her about you. She feels you are like children bickering and should therefore make her teachings very easy to share = only making a joke. Let me know - or debate it - Ciao

Comments

• Who are you referring to?
  • aMattaMatt Veteran

I met THE MOTHER tantra teacher recently and she is keen to have her teachings spread to you guys, after I told her about you. She feels you are like children bickering and should therefore make her teachings very easy to share = only making a joke. Let me know - or debate it - Ciao
    Advertisment judging the audience is ineffective = only making an observation. Who is this mother figure?
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
    Who are you referring to?
    I'd like to know also please.
  • TakuanTakuan Veteran
    Who are you referring to?
    I'd like to know also please.
    Agree.
  • A Google search for "Mother Tantra" doesn't shed any light on this either.

I have to admit I really don't think the joke about "bickering children" is funny at all.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited June 2011
    I don't think it was meant as a joke, SD.

An internet search for "mother Tantra" turned up some conflicting info. The Kalachakra, Hevajra and other tantras are considered mother tantras. I'm not interested in learning about group sex, raping underage girls, and eating feces, snot and menstrual blood, thanks. But some sites consider mother tantra to be a tradition that honors women (which is how tantra started out in India, from what I understand, but got warped by an andro-centric monastic system). Some of us could be interested in that.

Sorry for the negative energy, but there are extremely serious issues associated with some of these traditions. Many times on this forum the advice has been given to check out the guru thoroughly before making a commitment, check out the teachings, look before you leap. That's what we're trying to do with regards to the OP. Please define or explain the nature of what it is you're offering us. It's a reasonable request.
  • taiyakitaiyaki Veteran
    what does the mother offer that we don't already have?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Let's form a new sangha within the forum
    Let's not.
    if you want to take part contact me - if not please keep quiet.
    yeah, good idea. keep it to PM's.
    Thanks.

Like I said, if anybody wants to be involved in this, PM rainbowwarrior.
    It's extremely presumptuous posting something like this with no elaboration.

This discussion has been closed.