Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

AYP (Advanced Yoga Practices)

TakuanTakuan Veteran
edited June 2011 in Meditation
Has anyone tried out the Advanced Yoga Practices system? I've been doing the breathing exercises for the past week and feel that my meditation has improved a bit.

Here's the website: http://www.aypsite.org/

I've been doing about 5 minutes of pranayama followed by mindfulness meditation, from Vietnamese Zen (Thich Nhat Hanh). I have to say that the breathing exercises really calm me down for meditation. I guess this is why I feel I've been getting more out of my sessions lately.

Comments

• DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    I have been reading their website, but it has been on and off.
  • TakuanTakuan Veteran
    If you already have a grasp of meditation, some of the information may seem repetitive. The book on breathing techniques really had some things for me to think about.
  • It looks like an impressive website. They have a lot of info on Kundalini and practices to raise it.
    It looks like an impressive website. They have a lot of info on Kundalini and practices to raise it.
    It is a great website, but I believe you have to purchase the whole system? If you would like to study further.
  • TakuanTakuan Veteran
    The lessons on the site actually describe the exercises well enough to begin practice. The books just give detail.
    The lessons on the site actually describe the exercises well enough to begin practice. The books just give detail.
    Oh, thank you!
  • Yoga using Ujjayi Pranayama before meditating every morning has been a big help.

In fact in a way it feels like one long meditation session, some of it is done with physical movements and some of it sitting still :) focusing on the breath is done in both, but becomes more concentrated when sitting.

And the asanas help get all your big muscles warmed up and ready for sitting. I usually sit in half lotus and tried to get into it once without having done yoga first, ouch :werr: not so comfortable when not warmed up