Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Crystal Healing

AllbuddhaBoundAllbuddhaBound Veteran
edited June 2011 in Philosophy
A lot of people feel crystal healing is an effective way to develop spiritual healing. What is the Buddhist view of this practice? Has anyone found the practice beneficial to their lives?

Comments

• cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    Usually The Buddhist view is not concerned with it. The only thing buddhism is concerned with is tameing the mind.
    Its not a buddhist practise and as far as i know Dharma centres dont really endorse such practise you may well see one or two stalls at a buddhist run day fayr or something but beyond that they are probley just there to provide some base entertainment or filler for people.
  • Mr_SerenityMr_Serenity Veteran
    edited June 2011
    Smoky quartz is supposed to be a balancing crystal (root chakra). I wear one attached to a silver chain. It's a crystal that symbolizes the yin and yang, black and white. Regardless of if it has energetic properties or not, it sure looks stylish ;)
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    What is spiritual healing? If it is mental then crystals could have an effect on the mind in the sense that a belief would affect the mind. I don't think crystal healing could affect tissues in the same way that surgery would. But through the mind body link work with the mind including wishing healing would have an effect on the body and social aspect. Mind body social model.