Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Americans: Billy Mays and his effect on our Karma

edited June 2011 in Philosophy
Did the late American TV pitchman Billy Mays have a good or bad effect on our karma?

If we were entertained by his commercials, was that expiation of negative from past lifetimes, or was our spontaneous joy a phenomenon that affected our future karma positively?

If we had to experience negative emotions as a result of his commercials, was that expiation of bad karma or accumulation of good karma by way of the exercise of patience?

And finally, is his apparent premature death attributable to his making these TV commercials by way of bad karma, or was his apparent premature death a karmic reward, either from past lifetimes or from making these commercials, or was it punishment for making these commercials? Was it a reward, a "pass" to the next lifetime because he entertained us all so much?

How do you think Billy Mays' commercials affected the cumulative Karma of the USA?

Or is this question a koan?

Comments

• NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    AND IT'S ONLY 19.95 DOLLARS !

(sorry for two things : caps lock; and not being from USA, to know more about the guy)
  • Nomad- you're in Romania or Eastern Europe somewhere, right? Billy Mays is known that far away?
  • Is this a trick question?
    @SherabDorje

The internet is big. Funnyjunk introduced me more into the present day aspects of the american culture.
    Still, if not Billy Mays, then teleshopping and tele-advertising products that cost something like .95 is something of the past in my country. It's one of the main reasons I don't often watch TV.
    And yes, Romania is the name ;)
  • Is this a trick question?
    Is a koan a trick question or a teaching tool?

Is it colder in Alaska or in January?