Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Meditation and fever

betaboybetaboy Veteran
edited June 2011 in Meditation
Namaste,

I've been meditating lately, and now I am experiencing the symptoms of fever without really having any fever. I am taking antibiotics for it but still wondering whether this has anything to do with meditation.

BB

Comments

• zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    which symptoms are you experiencing? and i'm assuming that you have seen a doctor since you are taking antibiotics, so what did the doctor say about it?
  • betaboybetaboy Veteran
    I feel like it's sinusitis, but it's true that I've been doing breath meditation (that is, being aware of breathing) earlier on. So I wonder whether the two are connected. Body feels tired, sore throat.
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    I feel like it's sinusitis, but it's true that I've been doing breath meditation (that is, being aware of breathing) earlier on. So I wonder whether the two are connected. Body feels tired, sore throat.
    to me this just sounds like the beginning of a sickness. i know i always get those symptoms before i actually get sick, or sometimes my immune system will beat it and i'll never get the full blown sickness. it just depends.

i really doubt that meditation has caused this to happen to you. are you doing anything weird while being aware of the breath? you're always breathing, whether you're focusing on it or not, so i can't really imagine how being aware of it could make you sick. :)

but of course, if you're feeling tired, you shouldn't push yourself. if you still want to meditate, you can always do so lying down.
  • You can have a fever when your immune system is fighting something off, even if you have no symptoms or are unaware that anything is wrong. People who break a limb can run a fever. If it persists, go see a doctor.
  • newtechnewtech Veteran
    Who knows..it can be from hypochondria to a cold floor making u sick.
    Just relax and keep doing what u do. If it doesnt go away after a considered amount of time, start looking for answers.
  • my meditations mostly stop me from being sick when I feel it coming I meditate and well I don't get sick. Think you need to relax and focus.
    [Deleted User]