Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Mystery

edited July 2011 in General Banter
Hi. I'm wasn't sure which category to put this in. Ive been thinking. It's sort of a philosophical thought. We can see the stars and the earth around us. It's beauty and glory. The universe is greater than we can possibly imagine. Energy in space far greater than we can calculate. If this is all here, then why do some people believe that the mystery of reality is solved. Why can't they see the mystery? I accept life and this universe as a mystery. But yet, I'm reluctant to solve it. Thanks for reading. Please share your thoughts on this. Sorry if it's strange I wrote this at 4 in the morning :)

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    Which people are solving it? Just curious.
  • "Some people" believe lots of different things, including that they know what "ultimate reality" is about. "Some people" that are fundamentalists in the Abrahamic religions believe they know what "ultimate reality" is about.

The fact that "some people" believe this means nothing.
  • Which people are solving it? Just curious.
    I'm not sure. I think everyone tries to solve it. Some come up with answers and some come up with a different answer. A mystery can't have more than one solution, can it?

But, in a way, "some people" can be everybody.
  • edited July 2011
    "Some people" believe lots of different things, including that they know what "ultimate reality" is about. "Some people" that are fundamentalists in the Abrahamic religions believe they know what "ultimate reality" is about.

The fact that "some people" believe this means nothing.
    Very true. No One has figured it out.