Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Meditation with AVS

tmottestmottes Veteran
edited July 2011 in Meditation
Does anybody have any experience in meditating with a AVS (like the Mindplace Procyon)? For those of you not familiar with an AVS. it is a pair of glasses which flash various frequencies of lights into your closed eyes to entrain your brain with a certain frequency. I guess the idea is that when the brain is in certain states it naturally gives off certain brain waves (alpha, beta, gamma, delta, maybe more that I missed), so if you entrain those frequencies on your brain you will receive the effects. A less techy example might simply be a group mentality, such as group meditations. If anybody has any experiences or thoughts on it, I am interested to hear them.

-Tony

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    I've heard of a similar thing with sound. I knew someone who had a brain injury and mind totally wrecked. Said the sound patterns helped to manage the mentality after that point and get back.
  • tmottestmottes Veteran
    Yes, the procyon has a binaural beat that is part of the setup.

So the sounds actually helped her repair her brain damage?
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    well she said that she had an accident. i just chatted on line over several years. with her. she had lots of paranormal experiences so its hard to know.