Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Dark Zen - Questions

buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
edited February 2006 in Buddhism Basics
This has come up a couple of times and I was wondering if some of our more learned individuals could take the time to describe what they feel are the differences.

There does some to be some arguments between the two as to what should be happening when one meditates. A lot of meditation that is taught is focused on our breathing. But, there are also some practices of meditation where a person thinks on those that they know (and that they do not know) with a "loving-kindness" mentality.
How is this so different from Dark Zen meditation? Non-Dark Zen meditation is mostly about letting go and being aware of the moment while Dark Zen seems to be more focused on finding something within us.

There does seem to be some references regarding our "buddha-mind" that is supposedly back up by suttas (Mahâparinirvâna).

Anyone that could provide some information would be appreciated.

-bf

Comments

• edited January 2006
    Nothing about Dark Zen is backed up by any Sutta or Sutra, which is why the half dozen or so members of this group resort to using outdated and/or plain mistranslated versions of the suttas. Basically, Dark Zen was invented by A E Hollingsworth, who goes under many different identities on the internet and Ken Wheeler as a way to set themselves up as teachers and to make money from fraudulent translations of the Dhamappada and other books that they churn out, as well as being a way to vent their frustration because they're treated as either a laughing stock or as simply disturbed by the vast majority of the Buddhist community and their so called translations are a joke to anyone with any understanding of the original texts, particularly those who do actually work with ancient Buddhist texts. Dark Zen is more or less Vedantic Hinduism, trying to disguise itself as Buddhism and with a good measure of racism and White Power rhetoric thrown in for good measure.

Dark Zen claims that all existing Buddhist traditions are both mistaken and evil, and that only AE and his few hangers on truly understand Zen, which is ironic because their woeful ignorance of even the basics of Zen are legendary. Ken Wheeler's website at one time had pictures of corpses, and called for the rape and murder of Buddhist nuns and monks, particularly those of the Theravadin and Vajrayana traditions. For more information, here is one of the Dark Zen websites:

THE ONLY WEBSITE DEDICATED TO ORIGINAL BUDDHISM" (SIC)

Which contains such section titles as:

"Why modern Buddhism is truely a joke religion"
    "BUDDHISM, A DEAD RELIGION"
    and, "Why is modern "Buddhism" such a magnet for evil and foul peoples?"

And here are a couple of relevant threads on yet another board where Dark Zen caused so much trouble that they were eventually banned, a pattern that they tend to repeat, moving onto another forum where they are unknown, until they are eventually banned again:

Dark Zen - What is it?

Dark Zen
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Thank you, Genryu. That was interesting stuff. I could tell by the tone of Mujaku's posts that something other than Buddhism was going on.
  • edited January 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    Thank you, Genryu. That was interesting stuff. I could tell by the tone of Mujaku's posts that something other than Buddhism was going on.
    Something, yes. :bs:

Mr. Hollingworth has been active until recently on Beliefnet's Buddhism Debate forum (he appears to be on an "imposed vacation" from that facility at present, owing to "misadventure" with the management thereabouts.)

You can expect a certain amount of controversy, excitement, and considerable hijacking of topics, if past behavior is any indicator. A lot of veiled attack stuff. Then again, people sometimes do change...:rolleyesc
  • edited January 2006
    I was kind of hoping for the latter, but it seems it is not to be. The one finger post was suprisingly accurate for the wrong reasons though and did make me laugh.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Thanks for the reading material, ZM.

Much appreciated.

-bf
  • edited January 2006
    aren't buddhists who believe in an eternal soul more like Hindus?
  • edited January 2006
    LOL, yes is the short answer.
  • edited January 2006
    Atman [the self] is often referred to with the image of light (jyotis) inheriting the teachings of earlier Upani.sads. Atman is compared to light. The practice of Buddhism can be interpreted as the formation of the true self.— Nakamura, Indian Buddhism, 64

aren't buddhists who believe in an eternal soul more like Hindus?

Actually the Buddha accepted the principle of the atman. He said, in fact:
    “The self (in thee), man, knows what is true or false.
    Surely the noble Witness, sir, the Self,
    You do misjudge, in that when sin is there
    You do conceal the Self within the self...
    Thus he who has the Self
    As master, let him walk with heed, for whom
    The world is master—shrewdly walk, for whom
    Dhamma is master (as a) muser (let him walk).
    Who lives as Dhamma bids him never fails."
    (Anguttara 1.149, from I.B. Horner's Early Buddhist Theory of Man
    Perfected, p. 145)

And in Mahayana Buddhism, of which Zenmonk in a professor, self or atman is understood as follows:
    Kashyapa, this is the true-self , such a self exists, since the very beginning but hidden under innumerable illusions. This is why foolish men cannot see it. —Mahaparinirvana Sutra (T.374, trans. Dr. Kosho Yamamoto [Karibunko press])

Again,
    The clear Self has been soiled by primal and adventitious defilements and (therefore) is regarded like a soiled garment which as been washed off. — Lankavatara Sutra Sagatham X: 358-59 (vv. 752-761)
  • edited January 2006
    Perfect examples of inauthentic suttas/sutras.
    They do, however, provide the energy that keeps Siddhartha Gotama spinning in his grave.
  • edited January 2006
    The other possibility is very, very inept translation.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    very, very, very inept... and possibly a hefty dose of misrepresentation....
  • edited January 2006
    Perfect examples of inauthentic suttas/sutras.
    They do, however, provide the energy that keeps Siddhartha Gotama spinning in his grave.

Claim but no evidence. How about another claim—feel in that claimy mood? :) Kow, I have it on good authority from Dr. Peabody, the inventor of the Wayback Machine that the Buddha taught the Self, but not that the body was the self.
  • edited January 2006
    LOL!
  • edited January 2006
    First the good news:
    “Good sons! Since the tathaagata is eternal, we describe it as the Self. Since the Dharmakaya of the Tathagata is boundless and all pervasive, never comes into being nor passes away (abhava), and is endowed with the eight powers arising from knowledge of the paaramitaa of being personal, we describe it as the Self.” --Mahaaparinirvaa.na Suutra

And now the bad news:
    nairaatmyavaadino 'bhaa.syaa bhik.sukarmaa.ni varjaya/
    baadhakaa buddhadharmaa.naa.m sadasatpak.sad.r.s.taya.h// [Lanka X: 359-60 (vv. 762-71)]

"Those who propound the doctrine of No Self are to be shunned in the religous rites of the monks, and not to be spoken to, for they are offenders of the Buddhist doctrines, having embraced the dual views of being and non-Being." --Lankavatara Sutra
  • edited January 2006
    Did you hear that Dr. Yamamoto? You are inept!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    So, you front Dark Zen then, do you Mujaku? Zeus-Mars? What fun!!
  • edited January 2006
    Claim but no evidence. How about another claim—feel in that claimy mood? Kow, I have it on good authority from Dr. Peabody, the inventor of the Wayback Machine that the Buddha taught the Self, but not that the body was the self.

Certainly the Buddha taught the self...was an illusion. No one is saying that the body is the self.
  • edited January 2006
    Udana III.10
    Loka Sutta
    (Surveying) the World
    Translated from the Pali by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.
    For free distribution only.

I have heard that on one occasion, when the Blessed One was newly Awakened -- staying at Uruvela by the banks of the Nerañjara River in the shade of the Bodhi tree, the tree of Awakening -- he sat in the shade of the Bodhi tree for seven days in one session, sensitive to the bliss of release. At the end of seven days, after emerging from that concentration, he surveyed the world with the eye of an Awakened One. As he did so, he saw living beings burning with the many fevers and aflame with the many fires born of passion, aversion, and delusion. Then, on realizing the significance of that, he on that occasion exclaimed:
    This world is burning.
    Afflicted by contact,
    it calls disease a "self."
    By whatever it construes [things],
    that's always otherwise.
    Becoming otherwise,
    the world is
    held by becoming
    afflicted by becoming
    and yet delights
    in that very becoming.
    Where there's delight,
    there is fear.
    What one fears
    is stressful.
    This holy life is lived
    for the abandoning of becoming.
    Whatever priests or contemplatives say that liberation from becoming is by means of becoming, all of them are not released from becoming, I say.
    And whatever priests or contemplatives say that escape from becoming is by means of non-becoming, all of them have not escaped from becoming, I say.

This stress comes into play
    in dependence on all acquisitions.
    With the ending of all clinging/sustenance,
    there's no stress coming into play.
    Look at this world:
    Beings, afflicted with thick ignorance,
    are unreleased
    from delight in what has come to be.
    All levels of becoming,
    anywhere,
    in any way,
    are inconstant, stressful, subject to change.
    Seeing this -- as it's actually present --
    with right discernment,
    one abandons craving for becoming,
    without delighting in non-becoming.
    From the total ending of craving
    comes fading & cessation without remainder:
    Unbinding.
    For the monk unbound,
    through lack of clinging/sustenance,
    there's no further becoming.
    He has vanquished Mara,
    won the battle.
    Having gone beyond all levels of being,
    he's Such.
  • edited January 2006
    Certainly the Buddha taught the self...was an illusion. No one is saying that the body is the self.

The Buddha taught that the five skandhas or aggregates were essentially an illusion of which the self is not a part.
  • edited January 2006
    Afflicted by contact,
    it calls disease a "self."

Tell us, then, what this pericope means. (He should read "being beset by contact, it speaks as to self of ill health [rogam vadati attato].)

I have the commentary to this section on my lap--you may give us your spin, then I will tell you what the Atthakatha says. :)
  • edited January 2006
    So, you front Dark Zen then, do you Mujaku? Zeus-Mars? What fun!!

Don't stay here too long, they say I have a powerful spell over the helpless. Don't read this:

Om amogha vairocana mahamudra mani padma jvala pravartaya hum
    edited January 2006
    From what I can tell it's all gobbledygook... Plus ça change....
  • edited January 2006
    mujaku wrote:
    Tell us, then, what this pericope means. (He should read "being beset by contact, it speaks as to self of ill health [rogam vadati attato].)

Certainly. "It calls dis ease a 'self'.", points to thoughts identification with sensation. As pointed out in The Sermon At Rajagaya, "The senses meet the object.....so through the contact born of sense and object, the mind originates and with it the ego, the thought of self." The Buddha was not talking about an idea, but a perception in which the observer comes into being at the end of the perception, to end the perception. You can substitute the word 'realization' for perception if you like.

mujaku wrote:
    I have the commentary to this section on my lap--you may give us your spin, then I will tell you what the Atthakatha says. :)

Your turn.
  • edited January 2006
    Question: To change the subject, does Dark Zen have a sangha? Most Zen groups that I am familiar with have a congregation. Do you have one?

Dark Zen: We have a different view of sangha. For us, sangha is made up of those who have experienced the Buddha's true Dharma. These beings have become a witness to his pure teaching—or the same, the dark principle.

Question: So, this is not a community then, am I right?

Dark Zen: Let's say that it is a community of like minds. In the Avatamsaka Sutra it tells us to “observe the Buddha's power of energy” which is his true Dharma. In observing it, we at once become members of his sangha.

(From: 'The Basis of Dark Zen', Interview with Dark Zen.)

So the honest answer is NO....They don't appear to have the courage of their own beliefs, for if they did then surely an On-line sangha of their own would be the natural enviroment for these extreme views to be aired and discussed? Instead they choose, often it appears, by "Stealth", to invade other Forums where they propagate their warped views. This is in my view akin to being a "Parasite", not however one that intends to live symbiotically with it's host but one that over time, has the potential to cause harm if left un-checked.
  • edited January 2006
    "It calls dis ease a 'self'."

The commentary says it is about being in the grip of wrong view to wit one takes the khandha-pentad to be the self (the pentad is here pretty much the psycho-physical body). By no means is this a refuation of the self. One, in the tenth Sutta of the Nada chapter of the Udana, has mis-taken the khandha-pentad to be "mine is this" thus selfing the khandha as it were.

The PTS translation is as follows (you will note no mention of self in the sense you mean it).
    This world, become ablaze, by touch of sense afflicted,
    Utters its own lament. Whate'er conceit one has,
    Therein is instability. Becoming other,
    Bound to becoming, yet in becoming it rejoices. — Undana [III, x]
  • edited January 2006
    This is in my view akin to being a "Parasite", not however one that intends to live symbiotically with it's host but one that over time, has the potential to cause harm if left un-checked.

Actually the answer is a resounding YES if you are spiritually clued in. ;) On the other hand, it is a big NO if you are a puthujjana (common run-of-the-mill worldling). The only parasites I am aware of are people who are so spiritually dead that they host off the body of death, calling this living. But they are in the words of my spiritual brother in darkness (not hsuan/darkness).
    “Whoever has ears, let him hear. There is light within a man of light, and he lights up the whole world. If he does not shine, he is darkness.” — The Coptic Gospel of Thomas
  • edited February 2006
    mujaku wrote:

Actually the Buddha accepted the principle of the atman.

QUOTE]

So the Buddha was a hindu?
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited February 2006
    twobitbob wrote:
    mujaku wrote:

Actually the Buddha accepted the principle of the atman.

QUOTE]

So the Buddha was a hindu?

No more, I submit, than Jesus was a rabbinical Jew. To call the Shakyamuni Buddha a Hindu would be anachronistic, as Palzang has taught me.
  • edited February 2006
    twobitbob wrote:

To call the Shakyamuni Buddha a Hindu would be anachronistic.

Say what now?

I thought Jesus was a Jew ( does the rabbinical bit mean being a rabbi?)
    edited February 2006
    twobitbob wrote:

Say what now?

I thought Jesus was a Jew ( does the rabbinical bit mean being a rabbi?)

Rabbinical Judaism did not develop until the diaspora after the fall of Jerusalem, decades after the death of Jesus. Hinduism arose after the Buddha's death. Sorry if I was being a bit obscure: I am trying to be clearer.
  • edited February 2006
    No more, I submit, than Jesus was a rabbinical Jew. To call the Shakyamuni Buddha a Hindu would be anachronistic, as Palzang has taught me.

The term 'hindu' as it is currently used is a Western invention. It is actually a Persian word. There has never been any 'per se' Hindus in India (Sindus in Sanskrit). In my opinion, and from the literature I have read, Westerners have, for the most part, hijacked Buddhism twisting it into something strange to meet their needs. In the process, they have divided Indian religion into Buddhist vs Hindu. This is quite crazy. Even modern day Hindus fall for this nonsense.
  • edited February 2006
    Really? I thought hinduism pre-dated buddhism by a few centuries and that the rise of buddhism and jainism was in part within the context of hinduism - that buddhism and jainism were considered unorthodox branches of hinduism. My eastern philosophy book has been telling me these things.

Simon, i was with you all the way until the diaspora bit (though i can guess)
  • edited February 2006
    Really? I thought hinduism pre-dated buddhism by a few centuries and that the rise of buddhism and jainism was in part within the context of hinduism - that buddhism and jainism were considered unorthodox branches of hinduism. My eastern philosophy book has been telling me these things.

The term is a Western invention. The unfortunate thing is that it has stuck. There is no Hindu church like the Catholic church.
    "Hinduism has never prepared a body of canonical scriptures or a common prayer book; it has never held a general council or convocation; never defined the relation between laity and clergy; never regulated the canonization of saints or their worship; never established a single centre of religious life; never prescribed a course of training for its priests." -- [Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics 6:712 ]

The Upanishads, which Westerners consider to be 'Hindu works' show as much rebelliion towards the Karmins (ritualizers) as did the Jains (who are earlier) and the Buddhists. Like the Jains and the Bauddha, they accepted the notion of karma; that man by rituals is unable to escape his misdeeds.

Even more interesting, in respect to the Upanishads, according to Dr. Nakamura, "the Samyutta-nikâya can be traced to the Brhadâranyaka-upanishad.

I hasten to add that the term “Buddha” is not uncommon either in so-called Hindu works. Sages in the Upanishads were called “Buddhas”. Jain sages were called “Buddhas”. In the Buddhist Suttanipâta a “Buddha” just meant an “excellent ascetic”, nothing more.
  • edited February 2006
    twobitbob wrote:

Simon, i was with you all the way until the diaspora bit (though i can guess)

"The word Hinduism was coined by the Muslim scholar Alberuni in the 11th century C.E. and while its appropriateness to describe the dominant system of religious belief in the India of his time (and of ours) is unquestionable, its use to describe the oldest religious beliefs in India (some scholars even applying the term to describe the pre-Aryan civilization represented by the Harappan culture), is clearly suspect. In this respect the practice of the earlier scholars to use the term "brahmanism" to designate the system which prevailed amongst the Aryan invaders before the Buddha's time, and to confine the word "Hinduism" to designate the system which was synthesised in the Bhagavadgîta, a work compiled centuries after the Buddha, which became the foundation of almost the whole of later Hinduism, could be commended."

- Dr V.A.Gunasekara

Modern Hinduism didn't actually exist until comparatively recently. Neither Buddhism or Jainism are part of Hinduism though Buddhism certainly has influenced modern Hinduism. For example the Advaita Vedanta school itself was largely a reaction to the Buddhist teachings made famous by Nagarjuna. It's a common misconception, fueled by some who should know better, many who don't, and fundamentalist Hindus that promulgate the myth for their own purposes, that it's a far more ancient religion than it actually is. This link explains the position of Buddhism with regards to Hinduism and, more accurately, to the Brahminic culture that existed before Hinduism at the time of the Buddha:

Hinduism in Buddhist Perspective - Dr. V.A.Gunasekara
    edited February 2006
    mujaku wrote:
    I hasten to add that the term “Buddha” is not uncommon either in so-called Hindu works. Sages in the Upanishads were called “Buddhas”. Jain sages were called “Buddhas”. In the Buddhist Suttanipâta a “Buddha” just meant an “excellent ascetic”, nothing more.

May I also point out that the term "Christ", meaning "Anointed One", is used in many places in the Septuagint, the Greek translation of the Old Testament. The Hebrew describes a person anointed with consecrated oil, the first of whom is David.

There appears to be a similar need among followers to ascribe uniqueness to their founding figures, as if springing out of nowhere. At the same time, they need to be connected to the most venerable traditions. Thus, there may be many christs but one Christ, many buddhas but a unique Buddha.
  • edited February 2006
    Capeller's Sanskrit-English Dictionary:

1 buddha a. awakened (lit. & fig.), completely conscious, enlightened; m. the Enlightened One, the Buddha, E. of Gautama of the Cakya tribe.
  • edited February 2006
    From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Hinduism, Hindooism:
    The polytheistic religion of the Hindus, a development of the ancient Brahmanism with many later accretions.
    1829 Bengalee 46 Almost a convert to their goodly habits and observances of Hindooism. 1858 MAX MÜLLER Chips (1880) II. xxvii. 304 Hinduism is a decrepit religion, and has not many years to live. 1878 A. BURNELL in Academy 604/2 The result of contact with foreigners has always been a revival of Hinduism.
  • edited February 2006
    If we wish to look for Buddhism today in India, it is in the guise of Vedanta. The Vedanta docrines of maya and the distincition between veiling and higer truth are virtually identical with Madhyamaka Buddhism. What makes this standpoint firm is that there is virtually no support for these Vedanta doctrines to be found in Brahmanism according to K.L. Hazra. So Buddhism seems the most likely canadate for a number of important Vedanta’s principles. Of interest, Sankara’s Vedanta school was stigmatized by their opponets as being Buddhist in disguise. According to other scholars, Buddhism may have well have played a part in the evolution of modern Hindism insofar as it deformalized Brahmanism and brought its mysteries to the bulk of the Indian population. Indeed, there is nothing new in Buddhism that is not found in the Vedas or the Upanishads. There is even a trace of evidence that Buddhism may have influenced the Upanishads.
  • edited February 2006
    “There is another, less popular, school of thought which suggests that the Buddha did not reject all Upanishadic notions of Atman. Christian Lindtner has recently argued that Buddhism should be seen as ‘reformed Brahmanism’ while Karel Werner has suggested that modern scholars have misappropriated notions of Atman when formulating their theories of anatta. The scholar–monk Thanissaro Bhikkhu holds that anatta should be regarded less as a metaphysical doctrine and more as a practical strategy for disidentifying with elements of conditioned existence” (Asian Philosophy, Vol. 12, No. 1, 2002).

Thich Nhat Hanh, ironically, gives us a pretty typical Western prejudicial view of Buddhism contrasting it with so-called Brahmanism.

"From the intellectual standpoint, it [Buddhism] rigorously rejected the concept of I (Atma), which is the very heart of Brahmanism" (Zen Keys, 33).

What Lindtner, et al., are trying to say is that the Buddha did not reject the Self; he only rejected our habit of linking the Self with anything whatsoever. Indeed, by definition, the Self is itself (attano idanti sakam) and by entailment, not other than itself. If it were other it would not be itself! And here is the crux of the problem. We attach to the 'other' which is not ourself. Thus attached to what we are not (an-atma), we are carried along by the torrent of samsara.

It is also a mistake to take the Self as the signified, in which case it would be a view. It is only a signifier which puts to the signified, namely, our Buddha-nature.
    The Nature of the three refuges is that of the true-self. If one knows clearly the nature of the true-self then one truly has possession of buddha-nature. This is the true-self. —Mahaparinirvana Sutra (T.374, trans. Dr. Kosho Yamamoto [Karibunko press], 1974)
  • edited February 2006
    mujaku wrote:
    What Lindtner, et al., are trying to say is that the Buddha did not reject the Self; he only rejected our habit of linking the Self with anything whatsoever.
    No doubt this Lindtner is the same Christian Lindtner who is on record as denying the Holocaust, and who has proposed a theory that the Buddha and Jesus were actually the same man. Quite the authority.:bs:
  • edited February 2006
    Lindtner is a chocolate hater, too. His name is mud, now. :)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    It makes more sense that Jesus and Buddha were the same person than it does to hate chocolate. Clearly he's off his rocker. And if he hates chocolate he's probably dangerous, too.
    edited February 2006
    They sell a chocolate in Belgium, called Mud... its' full of particles of 'grit' which is actually crystallised sugar, and they pour it into a tin can, and you dip your slices of brioche in it and gain 40lbs in one sitting and I'm just going up for seconds now....If I can squeeeeeeeeze outta the chair.....!!

And when I was a little girl in Italy, my mother took my elder brother and me to a 'Luna Park' (Funfair) where they used to sell hard, gnarled chunks and lumps of chocolate, called 'Carbone'...."Coal"... That too, was full of crystallised fragments of sugar and as hard as a jimmy... it would take ages to eat one... kind of like a hard 'gobstopper' but better!

This is no longer available in Italy.....I think, unfortulately, the Tooth Police got their way....!! :mad: :grin:
  • edited February 2006
    Termite, how do you know that what he says about Buddhism is not true? You'll have to do better than an ad hom attack. But of course, this is the way your ilk operates, smear the person; then somehow the smear, which is totally irrelevant, is supposed to prove that the Buddha praised the five Mara skandhas of suffering rejecting that there was anything beyond them such as a Self!
  • edited February 2006
    "He does not assume consciousness to be the self, or the self as possessing consciousness, or consciousness as in the self, or the self as in consciousness. He is not obsessed with the idea that 'I am consciousness' or 'Consciousness is mine.' As he is not obsessed with these ideas, his consciousness changes & alters, but he does not fall into sorrow, lamentation, pain, distress, or despair over its change & alteration.

"This, householder, is how one is afflicted in body but unafflicted in
    mind." -- Nakulapita Sutta (Samyutta Nikaya XXII.5)

Here we are faced with two choices. Either we are to read the above erringly as the affirmation of sensory consciousness or we can read it correctly in which we are to understand that we are not, at the deepest level of our being, even this consciousness.

If we choose the former, then we must accept our doom, viz., many lives of sorrow, lamentation, pain, distress, etc. On the other hand, if we can extricate ourselves from identifying with consciousness (and the other aggregates) we have a clear path to nirvana and eventual Buddhahood.
  • edited February 2006
    Anyone seen the film Chocolate with Johnny Depp and Juliette Binoche?
  • edited February 2006
    I have indeed and thought it was great.
    I rather hoped it would feature a scene of Juliette Binoche in a bath of chocolate but unfortunately I ended up disappointed !!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    I love that movie. I can watch it over and over and find something new every time.
  • edited February 2006
    Frizzer wrote:
    I have indeed and thought it was great.
    I rather hoped it would feature a scene of Juliette Binoche in a bath of chocolate but unfortunately I ended up disappointed !!

Me too!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2006
    federica wrote:
    called 'Carbone'...."Coal"... That too, was full of crystallised fragments of sugar and as hard as a jimmy...

Now, what the hell is a "jimmy"???

In the states, if you've got a hard jimmy, you put a jimmy-hat on it before you do anything with it.

These colloquialisms are killing me.

And making me laugh.

-bf
This discussion has been closed.