Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

UK Dibble in Rapping Drivel...

edited January 2006 in General Banter
Friends you could not make this story up...could you ?

North Wales deputy chief constable Clive Wolfendale has been criticised for performing a rap to his force's black police association.
He gave his rendition of the rap to the inaugural meeting of the North Wales Black Police Association (NWBPA), with Rukhsana Nugent, the group's secretary.

Commission for Racial Equality chairman Trevor Phillips said: "Presumably this was an attempt to get down with their supposed culture. How wrong. How patronising. How demeaning."

But NWBPA chairman Roger Benedict said Mr Wolfendale's rap had the support of all its executive members and was a way of delivering a "strong positive message".

I'm just a white boy called the Deputy CC / They said I'd never make it as a bitchin' MC / You got it all wrong, cos now here I am / Giving it for real in the North Wales BPA jam
They call me Roxy, or Ms Dynamo on stage / Unlike my brother here, I never look my age / I'm goin' to spill it all about the boys in blue / Show you what it's like within the not-so-solid crew

So listen! Watch a doin' here today / Checkin' what the Heddlu Gogledd Cymru gotta say / Put away your cameras and your note pads for a spell / I got a story that I really need to tell

Bein' in the dibble is no cakewalk when you're black / If you don't get fitted, then you'll prob'ly get the sack / You're better chillin', lie down and just be passive / No place for us just yet in the Colwyn Bay Massive

The Beeb Man stuffed us with the Secret Policeman / It's no good moanin' cos' he found the Ku Klux Klan / Job ain't what it used to be; it's full of blacks and gays / It was just us white homies in the really good ole' days

So what we bothrin' with this stinkin' institution / No love, no heart, no sense, no proper constitution / No-one loves the coppers cos' we're rotten to the core / Cross between the devil and a governmental whore

What is the purpose of a black association? / It's just another stupid race relations job creation / We got our meetings and our various sub-committees / Packed with some do-gooders and a lot more Walter Mittys

Forget all of that bulls**t an' I'll tell u why we're here / Things are sometimes better than they usually appear / The New World Order means the streets are gettin' hot /Trust in one another is really all we got

The BPA is sayin' that we're all in the same boat / Black or white in blue, we're all wearin' the same coat / If this don't happen then the lot of us are screwed / Caught up in the mis'ry of the international feud

So Roger, Nick and Larbi will you give us one more chance / Danny and Silvana, I'd really like to dance / To Essi and to Imdad I want to give a hand / Let's hear it for Ms Dynamo and all her backin' band

There's no time for jam tomorrow, we need the jam today / That's why we launchin' our association in this way / Thank you all for coming and remember what we say / Support your local sheriff and the North Wales BPA.

Comments

• edited January 2006
    For some reason I imagined he was 'reprezentin' in a Dr. Evil style - but with a Cardiff twang!

Classic HH!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    I take it from all the furore that the guy is white....:D

And then they wonder why people think their heads go all the way up into their helmets....!

(you do know that one, don't you?!?)
  • edited January 2006
    Deputy chief constable Clive G Wolfendale went on to say " E's it cos I is Black".
  • edited January 2006
    Federica,

Outside deputy chief constable Clive G Wolfendale is white . On the inside he's like a Black Panther.

HH
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Tevor Phillips does tend to get his chuddies in a twist, doesn't he. I'd loved to have heard the rap. Better than singing All Through The Night.