Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A question about a book...

edited July 2011 in Arts & Writings
There is a book in one of the bookshops in my city called "Being right here" about the teachings of Nuden Dorje written by James Low. Have you read it? Is it a good book? Do you recommend it to me? Thanks.

Comments

• Hi almer45,

Depends on what you are looking for in a book on Buddhism, the excerpt at Snowlion seems pretty pedestrian, but this might not be representative or it might be just be your cup of tea. If you are a beginner, I suspect you can do better. I recommend Shunyri Suzuki's Zen mind Beginner's mind, or Jack Kornfield Path with Heart, and Silvia Boorstein's books reflect her no-nonsense approach - which is helpful. Tibetan books are not my area of expertise, but trawl through this list and you will find many recommended books. Otherwise, can't help you.
  • Thank you very much for the books you recommend me. I have got several Zen's books. I will have a look at your books to see if I can buy them.