Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

At last! I found a local sangha!!

MountainsMountains Veteran
edited July 2011 in Sanghas
After more than a year, I finally found a local sangha (that isn't NKT). Wonderful group of people who meet every Sunday morning for meditation, dharma reading, and discussion.

Sigh... (of relief)

:)

Comments

• cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    Congratulations !
  • aMattaMatt Veteran
    Woot, now the mountain could become a molehill. :)
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    Sounds like exactly the medicine you need. ;)
  • edited July 2011
    Congrats, Mountains! That sounds like an interesting group. I've never experienced a dharma group that actually read and discussed anything. I've only been to the kind where everyone sat passively and received teachings. Yours sounds great; very low-key and comfortable, with a lot of interaction.
  • Lucky you! And you found it just at the right time! Good luck with your next step in life. : )
  • Congratulations !
    ^dat!!!

• MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited August 2011
    Thanks guys. And the even better news is that they meet at a church that's literally a five minute walk from my house!

Still adjusting to this huge left turn in my life, and still challenged with a good deal of anxiety about what's to come (and how to pay for it). But things will work out I know...
  • Congratulations !
    =;-}

You are a nice guy.
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    Certainly hope you gain some benefit mountains. :)
  • Congrats x

What tradition? (not that it matters - im just curious)
  • Not sure there's "a" tradition other than this..

"We are a diverse group of people who practice meditation in the tradition of mindfulness taught by Thich Nhat Hanh, a Buddhist Zen Master, poet, and peace activist. Our practice encourages the importance and joy of bringing a mindful awareness into all aspects of our lives, and supports living mindful lives so that we may deeply understand the interdependence that connects us to each other and to the world."
  • TalismanTalisman Veteran
    edited August 2011
    There is an Order of Interbeing (Nhat Hanh's school) group that meets in Ann arbor about 2 hours from me that I wish I could attend. Thats awesome your group meets so close to home!
  • That's awesome! I finally found the only place and it's an hour from me, so you're very super uber lucky! :p