Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Manage Anxiety and Panic with Meditation

Comments

• I have had anxiety and panic issues. The panic attacks have pretty much gone away like a year ago, but some excessive anxiety is still there. While I do believe meditation can be beneficial, I think there are other more important steps that you can take to really bring your anxiety back to normal.

Things like having a diet that is all about nutrition and also some cognitive therapy work. Anxiety is just fear, it is much more useful to actual understand what the fear is and teach yourself to stand up and move through the fear so that you show yourself that there was nothing to fear in the first place. I think these things are more useful but meditation does help.

I think the first main step is stop calling it anxiety and calling it what it is...fear.
  • Anxiety can also be due to a nervous system imbalance, meaning an imbalance in the hormones governing the nervous system: adrenaline, nor-adrenaline, and brain chemistry. So some anxiety is psychologically-based, some is medically-based. Some people say meditation can change brain chemistry, so maybe that's one reason it helps with anxiety.