Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Comments

• DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Anyone?
  • I can't find any scientific evidence that this phenomenon is real. So far it's all circumstantial as far as I can discern.
    I can't find any scientific evidence that this phenomenon is real. So far it's all circumstantial as far as I can discern.
    Thank you Mountains!
  • DandelionDandelion London Veteran
    Hi @LeonBasin

I'd never heard of this till I checked out the links you provided. I like the sound of it (pun not intended) and am rather intrigued, I'd also be interested to know if anyone has tried this and it actually works.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited August 2011
    I've heard of this. It induces an altered state of consciousness, which is what the shaman's drumming is for. It works similarly to a tuning fork. I'm told that if you have more than one tuning fork in a room, all of them will start vibrating to the one you strike.

Not sure, but I think MindGate had a thread on this or something similar a couple of months back.
  • tmottestmottes Veteran
    edited August 2011
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/content.php?128-articles&s=0149b099d6c732ba87efeb7ffc1b361f

This link is to a company than sells an AVS system. Several of the documents on that page discuss the entrainment process. I think there are benefits to using an AVS system; however, just like other training aids, at some point you must leave them behind to continue the path.
    Thanks everyone!:0