Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Article Discussion: Psychedelics and Religious Experience by Alan Watts

2»

Comments

• ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran
    edited September 2011
    I've been thinking about the spiritual insights gained from psychedelics and have been wondering if they truly are spiritual insights, I had some mind bending, experiences but truly, I've come to the conclusion that they are pseudo insights created by synesthesia and induced psychosis. They are just as transitory and impermanent as any samsaric phenomenon. You don't need gods, magic or mushroom spirits to raise your conciousness, you have a human life and you have the skillfull means of the Buddha to raise your conciousness. Nothing else is necessary.
  • edited September 2011
    I've been thinking about the spiritual insights gained from psychedelics and have been wondering if they truly are spiritual insights, I had some mind bending, experiences but truly, I've come to the conclusion that they are pseudo insights created by synesthesia and induced psychosis. They are just as transitory and impermanent as any samsaric phenomenon. You don't need gods, magic or mushroom spirits to raise your conciousness, you have a human life and you have the skillfull means of the Buddha to raise your conciousness. Nothing else is necessary.
    Well said Lonely-Traveller !

:)