Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

so there is this math problem,..

AMHAMH
edited August 2011 in General Banter
I am helping my son with math homework and now i KNOW I am right. So apparently it is weird to email his teacher to find out if I am right. Well I wasn't really going to email, maybe just stop by and casually engage the math teacher in conversation, ya know. I think I need to work out the details however, fine tune the answer.

Meanwhile I helped him come up with a pattern for class and that was fun. So my idea was each number was larger by the next prime number. So first you add 1, then 3, then 5, then 7 and so on. What a fun pattern.,

Anyone else like this stuff? Gosh it brings back geeky memories (including my son saying he is better than me just like all the boys did back in school)

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited August 2011
    There is problem with showing the math teacher that he is wrong. He might get his feelings hurt and resent your son. Also there is every possibility that a math teacher is right! Which in that case it might be interesting.

I liked math too, but don't use it that much anymore. Don't remember the derivative of much of anything anymore.
  • Actually I think we are both right. He says the answer must be a prime number and I say that 7 is most likely as a first guess, which is a prime number. But in any case
  • both right, yes, stick with those win-win situations. Especially with someone who has power over your child's grades. ; )