Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

New Buddhism Discussion Forum idea.

XraymanXrayman Veteran
edited February 2006 in Buddhism Today
Hey Federica,

what about "The Australian Buddhist" or, "The (insert socio-economic group/country of origin) Buddhist"?

teehee!

or even Northern European Buddhist?

:sweflag:

regards.

Comments

• edited February 2006
    Hello all,
    Not Australian...Aussie Buddhist???? Come around for some snags and a good old can of XXXX or VB or a game of either Cricket, Aussie Rules or my fav League!!!! GO THE BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2006
    cool.

I'm in Melb too Esau. let's push this...
  • edited February 2006
    They have no Buddha Nature in Australia, like Mancunians.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    Or Texans......:lol:

I'm afraid you'll have to discuss it with Brian or Matt.... Post a request in the "Site Discussion" section.
  • edited February 2006
    They have no Buddha Nature in Australia, like Mancunians.
    HUH????
  • edited February 2006
    Xrayman wrote:
    Hey Federica,

what about "The Australian Buddhist" or, "The (insert socio-economic group/country of origin) Buddhist"?

teehee!

or even Northern European Buddhist?

:sweflag:

regards.

How about "British Commonwealth Buddhist?" We know you guys need to drive on the wrong side of the street. It works better when you do it together.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited February 2006
    You blighters!!!!

Now you've got me wondering what the very title implies. The term "American" has so many overtones, hasn't it!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    But, horaku, I'm part of the Commonwealth and drive on the right side of the road....
  • edited February 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    But, horaku, I'm part of the Commonwealth and drive on the right side of the road....

Well, since you're so *special*, maybe you should show some leadership.

I don't see any Commonwealth forum yet. Just morale problems amongst your troops.

Chop-chop now!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    horaku wrote:
    Well, since you're so *special*, maybe you should show some leadership.

I don't see any Commonwealth forum yet. Just morale problems amongst your troops.

Chop-chop now!

.....I may be reading you wrongn but......Can't help feeling you're being a bit antagonistic, here, Horaku.... maybe I have the wrong impression, but perhaps you might like to consider your comments in light of the Mindfulness encouraged in the Eightfold Path....?
  • edited February 2006
    Only problem with fora like this - one never knows when people are being funny or if they really are being offensive. And the smilies don't help because quite often people write rude things and then think it will be disguised by popping a smiley on the end.

So hard to tell.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Shut up you big dummy :):):)

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    Sniff, sniff, wobbly lip - you were joking right?
    edited February 2006
    I was just making your point, dear.

I would never say something like that to some hottie I'm standing in the corner with. ;)

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    Hot water bottle? Me? Oh well I suppose, pink, wobbly and warm - yes, that's about right.
    edited February 2006
    Oh stop being so coy.

Freddie has told me all about your and your adventures!

Maybe you could put on your pirate costume again and take me in the High Seize ...

or was that Seas?

In any event, just come stand with me in the corner, matey.

Argh!

-bf
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2006
    nevermind
    edited February 2006
    Chicken.

boc. boc. boc.

-bf
    edited February 2006
    Speaking of chicken... it's Mr. Bawkbagawk!

-bf
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Sometimes i just get way too confused...

Buddha said, "See things with a beginner's mind", it seems everything I do is seen/done with a beginner's mind.

This is no exception.

chicken or not, BF

regards,
    X
    edited February 2006
    That leaves me out.

I'd have to have a "mind" to be able to begin :)

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    federica wrote:
    .....I may be reading you wrong but......Can't help feeling you're being a bit antagonistic, here, Horaku.... maybe I have the wrong impression, but perhaps you might like to consider your comments in light of the Mindfulness encouraged in the Eightfold Path....?

You're right. I failed to address the lady by name, after she did that to me. It happens.

Brigid. A gael, I believe.

Oh, and hey, having handled that little lack of mindfulness, how about considering my other comments on their merits?
  • edited February 2006
    No, I think you were right in the first place Fede.