Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Prayers? Good thoughts?

SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
edited February 2006 in General Banter
Tomorrow, I shall be going in to the John Radcliffe for angioplasty. I am told that it is a 'routine' procedure (1500 of them each year) but that I am "a bit tricky". Only one graft is still available for stenting and it is directly behind my sternum which is worrying if they have to crack my chest.

I admit to being nervous. I also have a deep and abiding dislike of hospitals.

There are quite a few, here, who believe in the power of prayer, transfer of merit and distant healing: of your charity, please remember me tomorrow.

Comments

• edited February 2006
    Tomorrow, I shall be going in to the John Radcliffe for angioplasty. I am told that it is a 'routine' procedure (1500 of them each year) but that I am "a bit tricky". Only one graft is still available for stenting and it is directly behind my sternum which is worrying if they have to crack my chest.

I admit to being nervous. I also have a deep and abiding dislike of hospitals.

There are quite a few, here, who believe in the power of prayer, transfer of merit and distant healing: of your charity, please remember me tomorrow.

Due to your post in the poetry thread, I am already on it! I will say prayers for you and also send universal healing energy your way. bighug2gr.gif
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    Simon no matter what you do or are experiencing, you are always in my and Nick's thoughts.
    You know we wish you all the very best possible. Breathe deeply, be calm and trust.

Lots of love as ever..

Federica and Nick.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    On a practical note, when will you be back home?
  • edited February 2006
    federica wrote:

I was just going to post that! I hope he's not offline too long. But what's most important is that he takes the time to heal properly. flower0dn.gif
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited February 2006
    federica wrote:

If all goes to plan, I could be home the same day (used to be 2 days but they clear you out so long as you are breathing and not bleeding too much). Whether I shall be online for a day or two depends on how painful the site in my groin becomes. Last time, simply from angiography, it was about a week before I could sit comfortably at my desk. I must get myself a laptop.

It is probably a good thing that most of my writing is done with my beloved italic fountain-pen (made from English yew)!
    edited February 2006
    Take your time.

We shall all still be here awaiting your return. :)
  • edited February 2006
    Well, you will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers.
    hug.gif
  • edited February 2006
    Hello all,
    Well Simon is this karmic or what??? My mum is also going in for surgery tomorrow and again in a few weeks time. Her surgery is to place a small coil behind her eyes to stop her from having more strokes and dying. The only problem is that the surgery is still in its infacy and could very well kill her...or she damned if she does and the same if she doesn't.
    So I ask all of you, to pray for Gail and to send her back to me safe and sound.
  • edited February 2006
    Esau wrote:
    Hello all,
    Well Simon is this karmic or what??? My mum is also going in for surgery tomorrow and again in a few weeks time. Her surgery is to place a small coil behind her eyes to stop her from having more strokes and dying. The only problem is that the surgery is still in its infacy and could very well kill her...or she damned if she does and the same if she doesn't.
    So I ask all of you, to pray for Gail and to send her back to me safe and sound.

Sorry to hear about your mum, Esau. I will be sure to pray for her and send her healing energy as well. bighug2gr.gif
  • edited February 2006
    Simon..you are in my thoughts and prayers....

Esau...as is your mother.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2006
    I'm such a bastard because I don't know that I believe in prayer ...

But both Simon and Gail are in my thoughts. I hope that everyone is returned safe and sound to their loved ones with these medical issues being taken care of once and for all.

My thoughts are with the two of you.

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    I will have my mind focused on you.
  • angulimalaangulimala Veteran
    edited February 2006
    simon, i wish you a speedy recovery,still want to read your wise words.
    and your mom too esau
  • edited February 2006
    On the case! Will do some business for both.

Simon - the Old Feller had angioplast surgery ten years ago and is fine even though they had to try through both femoral arteries and he was in hospital for a few days.

She of ten thousand names, the healing mother, hold you both in her arms and comfort those who care for you. Strength, health and blessing to you. SMIB - Raven.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited February 2006
    Simon, Esau,

I hope that both surgeries go well, and complication-free.

Love,

Jason
    edited February 2006
    Thank you all for your good wishes. I shall carry them in my heart tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Simon and Esau,

I'll be sending thoughts of lovingkindness and healing your ways. Stay calm and strong and visualize us, your sangha, with you every step of the way.

Love,
    Brigid
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Good thoughts to you both.

speedy recovery too!
    edited February 2006
    I am back from hospital. The procedure went swimmingly, after three abortive attempts to put in a venflon!!! The stent is is its right place. The artery is open.

Thank you all very much for your good wishes. I m a little sore at the wound site so shall not sit and write much - just: thanks and blessings.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    YAAAYY!! You're home! Thanks for letting us know it went all right and I'm so happy for you and your family. Hope you're taking it easy and being gentle with yourself. We will be awaiting your return but take your time and go slooowwly.

Love,
    Brigid
  • edited February 2006
    Sending nice healing Reiki thoughts your way !

And get loads of rest!
  • edited February 2006
    Great news Simon. Healing energies for a swift recovery on their way to you. BB
  • edited February 2006
    I am so glad you let us know! I thought about you this morning and said a prayer!

Take of yourself!!!

Marybeth
    edited February 2006
    See?

I told ya it was gonna work out okay. Remember me telling you that?

I'm glad everything went okay.

Now you're ready for the face-lift, tummy tuck and various augmentation surgeries! I have this feeling by the time you're done with all of this, you'll be as handsome as Woody Allen, my friend.

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    Dear Simon - My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you! We will all be thinking about you here and wishing you well!!! :) Please let us know how it went when you are feeling up to it!

Your Friend,
    Kim
  • edited February 2006
    Oh wait...you are already back!!! Goodness...maybe I should read the entire thread before just posting! Anyways...glad it went well and it's great to have you back!!! Sorry I missed this post when you first put it on here!!!
    edited February 2006
    Welcome back, speedy recovery... and DO take everything lying down....! :)
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    See?

I told ya it was gonna work out okay. Remember me telling you that?

I'm glad everything went okay.

Now you're ready for the face-lift, tummy tuck and various augmentation surgeries! I have this feeling by the time you're done with all of this, you'll be as handsome as Woody Allen, my friend.

-bf

Yo BF,

I've been thinking about having my breasts enlarged-what do you think?

What did buddha say about this?
    :tonguec:
  • edited February 2006
    I am back from hospital. The procedure went swimmingly, after three abortive attempts to put in a venflon!!! The stent is is its right place. The artery is open.

Thank you all very much for your good wishes. I m a little sore at the wound site so shall not sit and write much - just: thanks and blessings.

That is just wonderful!!
    clapping2xu.gif
  • edited February 2006
    Congratulations great pilgrim!

Take it easy and get well.

A deep bow,

dave
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited February 2006
    Glad everything worked out okay, Simon :)
    edited February 2006
    Xrayman wrote:
    Yo BF,

I've been thinking about having my breasts enlarged-what do you think?

What did buddha say about this?
    :tonguec:

What would Buddha have said?

"They do WHAT!?!!?...what the?... who?... where!!??! OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"

-bf
    edited February 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Oh wait...you are already back!!! Goodness...maybe I should read the entire thread before just posting! Anyways...glad it went well and it's great to have you back!!! Sorry I missed this post when you first put it on here!!!

Way to stay right on top of things, Yoda.

I have a feeling you bet on games only after they're already over with... ;)

I'm still glad that you were able to overcome your blondeness and give our friend Simon your thankfulness at his non-mishap surgery.

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    Bite me.
    edited February 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Bite me.

Stop making me laugh out loud at work. I'm trying to act "professional" at work. :)

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    I have a hard time picturing you being professional. :)
    edited February 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    I have a hard time picturing you being professional. :)

Me too.

Like I said... I have to "pretend" sometimes...

-bf
    edited February 2006
    It is the feast of the blessed Valentine, patron saint of cardboard, and I am feeling BETTER!

Still a bit stiff in the leg and slow but a real improvement. I took a walk into town, needed no GTN spray or stop to catch breath. Yippee!!

Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts, prayers, merit, spells, healings, etc. The enforced idleness has given me a wonderful excuse to sit, watch my breath and ..... without any of the usual parenting/householder duties. And the post brought two wonderful items:

The DVD of The Tibetan Book Of The Dead narrated by Leonard Cohen and J. Daido Loori's [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]The Eight Gates of Zen: Spiritual Training in an American Zen Monastery[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]. I don't know how to express my thanks for the references.

The book, which I am now devouring, knowing that I shall go back, again and again, to its sections, is one of those which will go into my little bag of 'essentials'. This is a debt, dear Zenmonk, which I shall hope to repay somewhen in the million universes.

Now, I am going to try to catch up with nearly a week of postings here in eager anticipation of the feast you set before us:

* Genuine nourishment from the sutras and leared commentaries;
    * Spun sugar sculptures in the weavings of creative enquiry;
    * Health-giving fruit from the orchards of professionals and sufferers;
    * A bit of 'tooth-rot' as befits the play of children;
    And, withal, the seasoning of strongly-held opinion.

Hands joined, this poor pilgrim bows to the Noble Sangha reflected in this place.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • edited February 2006
    Don't know nothing about Sangria, Simon, far as I'm concerned you're sitting in my kitchen!
    edited February 2006
    Nice to have you back, Simon, and glad that obviously the op. has brought improvements....
    Looking forward to your contributions once again.
    Knitwitch, put kettle on.... ;)
    edited February 2006
    Jeeez, Simon.

You say the nicest things.

You make me feel like I actually contribute something useful.

I know I don't :) but you still say the nicest things.

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Jeeez, Simon.

You say the nicest things.

You make me feel like I actually contribute something useful.

I know I don't :)but you still say the nicest things.

-bf

You do you know BF - what you wrote in People who have Influenced you ... that struck a chord with me - (but I'm not into laying out all the crappy things I've learned from), but you are right!
    edited February 2006
    Knitwitch wrote:
    You do you know BF - what you wrote in People who have Influenced you ... that struck a chord with me - (but I'm not into laying out all the crappy things I've learned from), but you are right!

I struck a chord in you?

Knowing me, it must have been the D minor chord. Which!, is the saddest of all chords/keys.

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    Nope - Dm is far too easy - it was E7
    edited February 2006
    E7# - Wagner, Delius and Orfe were real fans .... :wow: :hrm: :thumbsup:
  • edited February 2006
    I was going to write about E7 being really difficult fingering ..... but I don't want to start him off!
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited February 2006
    Simon,

I am glad to see that you're doing well.

:)

Jason
  • edited February 2006
    Simon - I am also glad you are doing well. It's nice to have you back. :)
    edited February 2006
    Knitwitch wrote:
    Nope - Dm is far too easy - it was E7

Sorry girls... Nigel from Spinal Tap (one who can compose tunes that are a cross between Mozart and Bach - a Mach, if you will) says Dm is the saddest of all keys.
    Nigel Tufnel

Marty DiBergi: It's pretty.
    Nigel Tufnel: Yeah, I like it. I've been fooling around with it for a few months now. Very delicate.
    Marty DiBergi: It's a bit of a departure from what you normally play.
    Nigel Tufnel: Yeah, well, it's part of a trilogy, a musical trilogy that I'm doing in D [pause] minor, which, I always find is really the saddest of all keys, really, I dont know why; it makes people weep instantly to play:
    (Nigel plays, and sings)
    Nigel: It's a horn part.
    Marty DiBergi: It's very pretty.
    Nigel Tufnel: You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really. It's sort of...
    Marty DiBergi: What do you call this?
    Nigel Tufnel: Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

http://members.aol.com/chiprowe/lovepump.wav

-bf
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Knitwitch wrote:
    I was going to write about E7 being really difficult fingering ..... but I don't want to start him off!
    It is really difficult.

*hisses at nearby piano*

But this ain't making Simon feel better. I hope you're doing great, Simon! :grin: