Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Bodhisattva Vow Revisited

VincenziVincenzi Veteran
edited August 2011 in Philosophy
"I will become a Samyak Buddha ASAP, and then help all sentient beings... through returning/rebirth"

Comments

• Is there a question here?
  • DhammaDhatuDhammaDhatu Veteran
    edited August 2011
    We have a chance to help sentiments beings here, on this chatsite

If we are not able to do that here, on this chatsite, then we cannot do it in an imagined "next life"

:)
  • ignoring the "classic" Bodhisattva vow:

"I will become a Samyak Buddha ASAP, and then help all sentient beings... in this life and the next"
  • DhammaDhatuDhammaDhatu Veteran
    edited August 2011
    a Samyak Buddha comprehends the Dhamma. It is the Dhamma that helps sentient beings

I will learn & realise the Dhamma and then help sentient beings, in the present & in the future
  • that's nicer... but longer.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    So?
  • So?
  • aMattaMatt Veteran
    So?
    A needle pulling thread...
  • (...)
    A needle pulling thread...
    lets keep the rare idioms on the minimum, if we are going to not use other languages on "equal footing".

not really, an irreverent moderator.
This discussion has been closed.