Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Call for contributors to the Buddhism FAQ

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited April 2005 in NewBuddhist.com
I am planning on writing a comprehensive Buddhism FAQ specifically for westerners or those belonging to other spiritual backgrounds. I am interested in volunteers for helping fill out the following sections:

1) A brief history of Buddhism

2) The historical facts (life story) of the Buddha

3) Buddhism can reconcile with any other religion (or something to that effect)

I am creating a private forum for this project. The goal is not to be exclusionary, but to provide a place for edits/revisions that won't be seen by the general or casual visitor so that there is no confusion.

If you are interested in helping, please PM me so I can grant you access to the appropriate forum.

I am hoping to be able to give out small "assignments" - chunks of the FAQ that you will contribute (everyone will get full credit, of course), and have peer review amongst all contributors.

Again, please PM me if you're interested.

I am also interested in QUESTIONS - if you are new to buddhism, or you have questions about buddhism, please post them here so we can include the most common ones in the FAQ.

Thank you so much! :bigclap:

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2005
    Count me in - I'll do what I can.... :)
  • edited April 2005
    I'm in. Always relish a chance to illuminate some truth.