Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Any gamers here?

edited February 2006 in General Banter
I was just wondering how many of you people here play video/computer games? Please, post if ya do. :)

Comments

• Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Well,the only video game I play is FIFA 2005..I am looking for FIFA 2006!!..Fantsatic game for soccer fans especailly your favourite team wins your arch enemy.GLORY GLORY MAN UTD!!!

:rockon:
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited February 2006
    I am an avid gamer. Console and PC.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2006
    I used to be an avid "work" gamer during Doom, Doom II, Quake, Quake II and Quake 3 Arena were "new". We used to have HUGE network deathmatch games.

Now I don't game so much. Mostly just watch my kid game.

But I did just purchase PainKiller.

Oh... and The Suffering: Ties that Bind - but I've never even finished the first Suffering.

Okay... I got it now. I mostly just buy game. Don't play them - just buy.

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    Ah, lol. Right now I'm playing a mod for Fallout Tactics and waiting for my german version of The Fall to get here (It's not out in english yet). Brian, do you have any co-op games? I've got some; Rainbow Six 3, Sven coop (original half-life mod), Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising and the expansion Escalation, Dungeon Siege 1, the addon, and 2. I think I have some more... Oh, and I've got a few mods for Unreal Tournament 2004 that have coop, Alien Swarm for example. Do you have any of those?
  • edited February 2006
    Final Fantasy vii was the best game ever.
  • edited February 2006
    Eh, I never got into any FF games. I don't like turn based very much. :P
  • edited February 2006
    Shame - you missed out on something special...
  • edited February 2006
    I like Sim City and play that the most on PC. However, I also like X-Box and play a number of games on that. I am not very good at any of them but enjoy it nevertheless.
  • edited February 2006
    I used to love Sim City, heh.
    Has anyone heard of Mount and Blade? It's a really cool medieval adventure kinda game. It's still in the beta right now, but you can play a free trial. Once you reach level 6, you can either start over, or buy it online. www.taleworlds.com
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited February 2006
    BSF,

I loved FF VII too! Recently, a really, really, really nice friend of mine [who runs a website for newcomers to Buddhism] bought me a Gameboy SP, and FF IV with it. If he wasn't already married, and I wasn't a guy... Anyway, I feel like such a kid again! Elohim is sooooo going wail on Gobez and EG.

:D

Jason
  • PadawanPadawan Veteran
    edited February 2006
    I mainly play RPGs on the PC. My favourites are:
    Elder Scrolls III- Morrowind,
    Neverwinter Nights,
    Baldur's Gate,
    Shadows Of Ahm,
    Throne of Bhaal,
    Icewind Dale,
    Icewind Dale II,
    Star Wars- Knights Of The Old Republic, and
    Star Wars- KOTOR II- The Sith Lords.:rockon:
    edited February 2006
    I've just been banging away on the pc version of Painkiller.

Not too bad for a shoot 'em up.

-bf
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited February 2006
    Painkiller is a GREAT game - highly underrated. The expansion (Battle out of Hell) is pretty damned crazy. Hundreds of enemies on screen (Try the Leningrad level :eek2: )
    edited February 2006
    I got Painkiller Black - so I think it has the Battle Out Of Hell pack as well.

I had tried running this at home, but my system at home is tanking. So I brought it to work and installed it on some new systems we brought in so our Engineering Department can do 3D modeling - Woo Hoo!

She's a'screamin' now!

I also got pkgod, pkweapons and pkammo to help me along!

-bf
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited February 2006
    My own favourite has been the Civilization (sic!) series. I am still playing Civ3 while I await a DVD player for my Christmas present of Civ IV.
  • edited February 2006
    Morrowind is an excellent game (and the next part in the series, Oblivion, will be out soon though my computer won't be able to play it so I'll have to wait a couple of years to get it, if at all). I like city-building games, Caesar III, Pharaoh, Emperor, Children of the Nile, etc. I've only played one FF game, FF VI I think it was, really good music in that one. Hmm... The Monkey Island games were fun and the games in the Myst series are some of the best games I've ever played.
  • edited February 2006
    "That is one FAT bird!"
    I loved Escape From Monkey Island. I played a little bit of the first one a long time ago, but not much. Insult arm wresteling.:D
    Has anyone here ever heard of GunZ? http://www.gunzonline.com
    It's pretty fun, and free. You should try it if you like third person shooters/slashers. It's also got melee combat.
  • edited February 2006
    I like most Star Wars games like Republic Commando and Empire at War are two of my faves. I like tactical games like Rise of Nations as well.