Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Is there any idea to do longer meditationsessions?

edited September 2011 in Meditation
Hi! I just wondering if anybody had the experience that longer meditationsessions gives better results? I mean calmer mind in everyday life.
Now I am meditating 30 minutes per day, but I am thinking about prolonging my session to 1 hour.
What do you think? Anybody who has any experience?

Love Julia

Comments

• In my humble opinion, a session longer that 30 or 40 minutes is not likely to be much useful. On the other hand, it would be lot better to have two or three sessions per day even if they are of shorter duration.
  • Thank you for your answer!
    I think it is also good to make several sessions a day.

Have anyone here experienced any benifits when you have prolonged your sessions or done them more often?
  • I think it's highly individual. There are people who meditate for hours and hours non-stop. People who go on meditation retreats often meditate for an hour several times a day. But on a day to day basis I think you just have to do what works for you and don't have any particular expectations (which is another word for attachments) for something to happen.