Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Forum upgrade (Vanilla 2.0.18 beta 4)

2»

Comments

• What!? I'm getting a new patient?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Suck it up doc.

You need to learn to spell.....:D
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    No, no, he said you are getting a new patent. On what, may I ask?
  • This is a trivial question, but I was just wondering: why, when my number of posts reached 2000, did the counter start over again at 1 ? Just curious. Also, have you noticed that there's a consistent tendency for the post count on thread listings on the main board to show way more posts than are really there?

Very minor matters, granted.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    Where do you see this? You currently have 3062 comments so I'm super confused.
    Can you point out one or more discussions with inaccurate comment counts?
    edited November 2011
    FYI, I've now moved us to 2.0.18 RC3, which should be stable.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited November 2011
    Oh, the count on my computer says I have 92 posts.

As for the other question, I'll take a look and get back to you.
    Where does it say '92', exactly?
  • @Lincoln (Why) Do the user emails default to public as opposed to private? I was going to send another user an email with some personal content and then realized theirs was public, so anyone could see what I wrote. That was not cool with me, so I ended up not reaching out which I felt sad about.

I re-checked my settings, and that of another user before I corresponded with them as well, and there was no problem.

Thanks in advance.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    to keep it private, send a message. the direction to do so is in the box on the left of a person's profile.

I'll send you a message to prove it.
    @Hubris I really don't know what you're talking about. Checking "Email visible to other users" in your account settings means your email ADDRESS is visible in your profile, that's all. Conversations ("Send X a Message") are always private.
    Today we released 2.0.18 stable release. :)

Of course, that just means it's time to update NB to the stupid-bleeding-edge version again and see what happens :D
  • Floating_AbuFloating_Abu Veteran
    edited November 2011
    Reminder on the requested features might happen eg. functioned images/italics etc etc Refer old threads ad nauseum.
    Thanks,
    Abu
    A toolbar for that is being tested as we speak. Still has a bug in IE so it's not quite ready yet.
  • Thankyou Lincoln !
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    No one uses IE anymore, Lincoln. You should know that by now. :p
    edited November 2011
    Oh new features/help at last. Yay !!

Thanks a bunch, @Lincoln, reliable old chappy, you *likes that* :vimp:

Merci !!
    Oh hey look all ready.
  • :clap: :clap: :clap:
  • :rockon:
  • Thank you for the editing tools. They make life much more fun.

I notice that the "Commented" tab appears to freeze.
  • There's something seriously odd about the time stamp on posts
    There's something seriously odd about the time stamp on posts
    There's a bug where comments made from the blog get inserted as UTC time instead of the correct timezone. Working on it.
    edited November 2011
    FYI forum time stamps seem to be a bit mucked up . Example a latest posted thread appears on the 'Discussions' page as one under an older posted one.

(as I said, just FYI)

PS Unless the order of the posts is not by time, but by category or something else??
    See my last comment.
  • Oh Lincoln, actually it might (also?) be because there are two guest (clearly spam) posts that are inserted. I didn't realise guests could post here, but it mustbe a spam technique or something.

Can you see them?
    Yes, Jason deleted two comments to the "Making coffee as a form of meditation" which were made by two complete strangers and non-members to the forum....
  • Just curious, but there seemed to be an error involving the Smarty templates yesterday? Did it have something to do with adding the blog or profile fields?
  • Yes, Jason deleted two comments to the "Making coffee as a form of meditation" which were made by two complete strangers and non-members to the forum....
    OK Thanks Fede.

Out with Spammers!
    Just curious, but there seemed to be an error involving the Smarty templates yesterday? Did it have something to do with adding the blog or profile fields?
    Yes, it effected mobile-only. I made a mistake during an upgrade and didn't immediately notice it.

@Floating_Abu The spam comments were from the blog, so my original explanation stands.
  • OK Gotcha Linc :P

Merci
  • @Lincoln,

Is the 'Commented' tab being repaired?
    @Simonthepilgrim Will be, little backed up at the moment. :)
  • @Lincoln,

Thank you.
  • Strange things have happened to the "Commented" tab again, @Lincoln.
    @Simonthepilgrim I can't seem to do anything without something breaking lately :) Should be right again now.