Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How can I meditate comfortably outside?

edited September 2011 in Meditation
Hello, today's been a bit rough for me so I'd like to meditate, I don't like to meditate inside as for the house is usually filled with smoke, and the sounds of video games, so I'd like to meditate outside. The problem, though, is that I don't think I can do it comfortably, I was wondering if anyone could throw me some ideas to help me achieve this goal. My yards are grassy, and there's a lot of dirt, does anyone know any set-ups that could help me comfortably meditate outside? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I would go with a yoga mat and a zafu. Or just use a chair.

Alan

• walking meditation is good... under-rated, I think.

Also, a chair is decent if you can't find a clean spot.

If you can find a big enough chair, you can put a zafu (cushion) on the chair and meditate cross-legged on the chair.
  • Walking meditation is one of the finest meditations that I know of.
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    Sit right in the dirt and observe your uncomfortableness. That is good practice! ;)
  • I prefer to meditate outside the back of my house and sit on a cheap garden chair (with my back straight).