Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What kind of meditation do you use?

edited October 2011 in Meditation
Part curiosity part looking for suggestions. I have been focusing on the breath but I'm wondering if there might be a method that would work better for me. Thanks.

Comments

• I use the meditation as can be seen in Pema Chodron's book Start Where You Are. It is in chapter 4. On the in breath you do nothing. On the outbreath you let go into space and notice the spaciousness of thought. When you daydream gently return and say 'just thinking'.
  • I practice samatha/vipassana. Samatha is focus and vipassana is insight. They are used together. An excellent resource for instruction and help can be found in the book "mindfulness in plain English." I highly recommend this book.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Mindfulness.
  • jlljll Veteran
    The answer depends on why you want to meditate.
    What is your objective?
    Part curiosity part looking for suggestions. I have been focusing on the breath but I'm wondering if there might be a method that would work better for me. Thanks.
  • Primarily I do shikantaza zazen. But in addition I do suizen ("blowing zen" with a shakuhachi flute), and a bit of qigong. I've just begun trying out kinhin (walking meditation) but I'm not sure what to make of it just yet LOL
  • lately just watching ordinary mind
  • @jill I would like to eventually attain the jhanas.