Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Poor show (Stuff I'd wished I didn't do)

XraymanXrayman Veteran
edited February 2006 in General Banter
hi all,

What's the worst (still describable) thing you've done in pre-buddhist days?

I was about 7-8 years old in primary school (some of you refer to it as Elementary-I think), we had our ANZAC day April 25th celebrations (to honour the dead from the two world wars-although nothing was said about Vietnam in those days!)

The last post was played over the school PA system, in those days we were expected to stand to attention and even salute the flag! (yea arcane I know!). A girl started to giggle about something and looked at me-that of course started me off laughing like a Kookaburra (native bird), We laughed uncontrollably. I think the teacher was especially disgusted with the two of us as we were given a fair dressing-down!

Now I can understand and REALLY acknowledge the real importance of our ANZAC day/rememberance day, But then, I think was it too unrealistic to expect children at that age to understand the concept???? was i really an asshole, or was this going way over the top-on the Teacher's behalf?

what is your take? I'm interested to know.

regards,
Xrayman

Comments

• edited February 2006
    You were only 8...I wouldn't fault yourself too much. The worst thing I did was prank call a kid and deface the school bathrooms (on many occasions). Anyway the mom of the kid we pranked threatened to sue us....haha....
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2006
    KOB,

yes I know, but it's crap like this that I still think about sometimes. It's guilt, I think.

Now where in Ohio do you live?

I've been to Cleveland and Highland Heights, and Mayfield etc. I LOVE THE PLACE.
    tell me!

regards
    Xrayman
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Hey just want to clarify something here. I joined the military years later and it was then that i saw the REAL significance of rememberance-I sort of "awakened" to it. Ever since I've felt kind of...remorseful I suppose.

There is much worse stuff that I've done, but I live with the karmic result of those incidents every day.

regards,
    Richard.
  • edited February 2006
    I don't even want to think about it - meditate on it maybe, but think about it? Ohhhh no! Too many awful incidents to even try - but they are the past and today is today and it's beautiful (even with the piddling rain!)