Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Where's the dividing line?

XraymanXrayman Veteran
edited March 2006 in NewBuddhist.com
Just wondering, why the removal of the divider between the avatar and the post?

regards,
Richard

Comments

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited February 2006
    It was lost when I was forced to upgrade one of the templates to a more current version with the latest patch. Perhaps I can bug our site design guru to put it back :D
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2006
    cool! sorry to be a pest-it just seemed "Right" I suppose to have it there.

regards,
    richard.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited February 2006
    If you're just talking about making the postbit a slightly different color to offset the two areas, I can do that... I honestly don't remember what it looked like.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2006
    perhaps it was that. kind of like a text box? or maybe it was a vertical line similar to the horizontal one above this post? ^^
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited February 2006
    So Xrayman, Who is this Michael Franti guy? I love your signatures by him. I'm stealing them for this one post, but will delete this post after you answer my question if you insist I not borrow from you or anything along those lines.

One thing I like about these sites is that they give you a lot of space to spell out your location, and I'm surprised that so many won't even give a state or province, let alone a country. I've certainly lived in and been in more interesting and exotic places than Rock Hill, SC, but I feel that it's part of my karma to be here, so I state it. Also, I'm proud to more-or-less state that I'm "over 45" by using Melanie's "Beautiful People, You Live in the Same World As I Do" thought.

Just some thoughts. I enjoy your posts.

Nirvana

---

"Straight teeth in your mouth are not as important as the words that come out of it" Michael Franti

"Let's build a bigger telescope so we can see things further away from where we really are" Michael Franti
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Dear Nirvy, How's it going?

Michael Franti is a black American singer, from the bands, "The Disposable Heroes of Hipoprisy" and "Spearhead". The two quotes are from the songs "Television-the drug of a nation" and "Water-pistol man" both of the album, "Hipocrisy is the greatest luxury".

He is a friggin genius, his lyrics are really clever. he used to be very political, now he's gone (I hate to say) a bit soft.

My favourite quote is actually the one about telescopes-It's uncomfortably close, as I tend to look externally, rather than towards myself, when dealing with "issues".

Try to listen to the album if you can!

regards,
    X
    regards,
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    I don't know. I quite liked the change re. the disappearing border. I think it's nice.

Brigid
  • edited February 2006
    Oh, hello all.....
    This is bit of a dumb question, but when I'm in NB I seem to be logged out automatically after a short period. Can anyone tell me, is this NB, or my computer??????? Its really frustrating as I've noticed that some posts I've tried to put on have gone...........?????????????????????????????????? Are aliens abducting my posts?????
    Do I need Mulder and Scully??????? HELP!!!!!:eekblue:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    You need help, I can tell you that.....!!:tongue2:

I have not experienced anything like that.... seems to be a tecchie problem... Matt's the one for that. he comes and checks this thread regularly and receives reply notifications, or just send him a PM....

........Otherwise, the little pink and yellow tablets should help....:thumbsup: :lol:
  • edited February 2006
    federica wrote:
    You need help, I can tell you that.....!!:tongue2:

I have not experienced anything like that.... seems to be a tecchie problem... Matt's the one for that. he comes and checks this thread regularly and receives reply notifications, or just send him a PM....

........Otherwise, the little pink and yellow tablets should help....:thumbsup: :lol:

Pink and Yellow....but mine are white ones!!!!!!!!! They tell me I'm a good boy if I take them:hair:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    Esau wrote:
    Pink and Yellow....but mine are white ones!!!!!!!!! They tell me I'm a good boy if I take them:hair:

'They'.....? Hmmmmm.... delusional as well....!!:winkc:
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2006
    I've noticed NB logging me out sometimes - but not others. Don't know why that is.

I just use it for a lesson - things are sometimes what they seem - and at other times... not.

Just think of being "logged in" as another sign of impermanence...

-bf
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Brigid,
    Stop being soft!

This is an important issue that cannot wait!

Where is the border? And don't start with the crap about Impermanence etc.etc.

teehee
    X
  • edited February 2006
    Now this I know......its somewhere near NSW or SA depending on which way your going!!!!:vimp: Thank god I don't need my "papers" to cross the boader...I'd never get anywhere:bawling:
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited February 2006
    What browser are you using?
  • edited February 2006
    What browser are you using?

Simon,
    Its internet explorer, why?
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Esau wrote:
    Simon,
    Its internet explorer, why?

When I was having trouble with being logged out, Brian suggested that I change to Mozilla Firefox, which I have done. I find it much more stable than IE6 plus it has tabbed browsing, is free and has lots of "add-ons":

Mozilla Firefox
  • edited February 2006

When I was having trouble with being logged out, Brian suggested that I change to Mozilla Firefox, which I have done. I find it much more stable than IE6 plus it has tabbed browsing, is free and has lots of "add-ons":

Mozilla Firefox

Thanks mate, just did it!!!!!:rockon:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Isn't Firefox the best? I looove it! I never use IE anymore for anything. And I love tabbed browsing. It's a great invention.

Brigid
  • edited February 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    Isn't Firefox the best? I looove it! I never use IE anymore for anything. And I love tabbed browsing. It's a great invention.

Brigid

I love it too - although my 'puter doesn't, when I try to open 50 tabbed pages at once! :hair: :rolleyes:

Sas
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Sas,

Do you get a message that Firefox has to close down, and then it does? I get that sometimes. It just freezes and then I get that message and it shuts down. But I have the "Session Saver" extension so when I relaunch it goes right back to where I was with all the tabs intact and everything. But since I'm on slow dial up I have to start shutting a bunch of things anyway because they all start loading at once and I don't want my machine to explode! LOL!

Oh, the joys of modern living. :-/ :grin: :type:

Brigid
  • edited February 2006
    Brigid,

ALL the time! Once I'm off browsing and my thoughts run away with me, I have so many links that need investigating! It's a nuisance, but Firefox is still worth it :)

Sas
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Yes, it sure is!

Brigid
  • edited February 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    Sas,

Do you get a message that Firefox has to close down, and then it does? I get that sometimes. It just freezes and then I get that message and it shuts down. But I have the "Session Saver" extension so when I relaunch it goes right back to where I was with all the tabs intact and everything. But since I'm on slow dial up I have to start shutting a bunch of things anyway because they all start loading at once and I don't want my machine to explode! LOL!

Oh, the joys of modern living. :-/ :grin: :type:

Brigid

It might be worth reinstalling Firefox from scratch and running System File Checker. If you haven't done this before, go to Start/Run and then type in 'sfc /scannow' (without the quote marks', press enter or click on 'OK' and let it do it's thing.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Thanks, Genryu. It's so good to have you back.

I'll give it a shot. It may just be the fact that I'm on slow dial up (28kbs).

Brigid
    edited March 2006
    YAY!! I HAVE MY REPLY NOTIFICATION E-MAILS BACK!!

Now would everyone please quit replying? My post box is full...... :grin: