Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

3 Jewels and Ethical Living

ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
edited October 2011 in Buddhism Basics
I have read from a book written by the Dalai lama that first one should understand the 2 truths, then you are in a position to go on and fully understand the 4 noble truths, once you have attained a firm understanding on the 4 noble truths, you are then ready to take refuge in the 3 Jewels.
What is everbodies opinion on this, it seems quite methodical

Comments

• It's just the opinion of that particular book. It sounds like it wouldn't hurt to try the method, but I do not think that this particular method would be "better" or "faster" or "more effective" than others. All you can really do is try it out and see if works for you :-)

In my personal experience, my greatest insights and realizations were never gained when or how I expected to gain them. So, I tend to embrace a general daily practice rather than any particular method or formula.