Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Balloon / Football Head

edited October 2011 in Meditation
When meditating and starting to get a deeper sense of concentration I experience the head expanding into a balloon (this night it was a football shape), or shrinking into a pin, or both at the same time. Pointers? Can this be used to further deepen my concentration?

Comments

• MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    edited October 2011
    Can not resist posting this...

some_text

But on a more serious note: I have a feeling most of the comments will be, "Ignore it. It is just your mind trying to find something to do." I have no idea if this is correct, though, as I am not an expert meditater.
  • I experience sensations, too. I doubt they have any real significance, but I'm always interested in finding out a possible meaning.
  • One should observe them and then let them go, Meditation can induce a vast number of sensations, but if we start liking these sensations, then we have clinging and then suffering.
  • consciousness can be expanded infinitely outwards and inwards.
    after a while you'll just be a vantage point in a sea of spacious awareness.
    where is your body? mind? consciousness? don't know.
  • Everything can be used to further deepen your concentration! Just as the previous posters say, observe and notice, then return to your focus. As many times as necessary. That which distracts us in meditation is our greatest asset towards deepening our concetration abilities.
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    Can not resist posting this...

some_text

But on a more serious note: I have a feeling most of the comments will be, "Ignore it. It is just your mind trying to find something to do." I have no idea if this is correct, though, as I am not an expert meditater.
    Damn you! that was gonna be my gag! :P