Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Pics

buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
edited March 2006 in General Banter
There have been a couple of people that posted interest in motorscooters... so I thought I'd post my bicycle.

-bf

Anyone else got a bike?

Comments

• angulimalaangulimala Veteran
    edited February 2006
    nice bike bf,what's her name?
    i have bike too,it's a honda,legend type,100 cc,4 stroke engine.i name her 'the jolly jumper' just like lucky luke's horse name.
  • edited February 2006
    oooooooooooo noooooooooooh - just when I was getting the better of my desires and clinging!!!!!!!

(and sexual excesses ......... bloomin' bikes!)

Gorgeous BF just gorgeous.
  • edited February 2006
    Gorgeous BF just gorgeous.
    *Sangha rolls on floor laughing*

BF can stand for boyfriend, it took me a little while to work out what you meant!
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Cool motorcyc BF.(Man..I am jealous..:nonono: )

I don't have one thugh..In Singapore, children are only allowed to ride motorcycles which only seems to move up and down.But the best thing is that you only have to pay $1 for one ride!

Anyway,my father have one.Its a scooter.No pictures though.
  • edited February 2006
    I did have a bike but I ended up selling it to get a sports car which I then ended up selling as it was obscenely expensive to maintain !!

Here's the bike :
  • edited February 2006
    And here was my baby which I bought afterwards.

Now I have a sensible VW which is far more economical, plus I can fit all my mountain bike and snowboard stuff in it !!
  • edited February 2006
    Kwaki, Ducatti, Kwaki, Ducatti, Kwaki, Ducatti, Kwaki, Ducatti, Kwaki, Ducatti, Kwaki, Ducatti, Kwaki, Ducatti, Kwaki, Ducatti,

New mantra!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Damn!

Frizzer - you can't be dealing with mid-life crisis already!

Nice car.

My bikes name is Connie (bastardization of Concourse - which is the model).

I've got a motorcycle ride lined up here with some friends in May. Going to Hell's Canyon for about a 600 miles trip. I'll make sure to post some pics.

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    BF,

How gorgeous!! I copied that pic. Hope you don't mind.
    Where's Hell's Canyon? It looks like paradise! I just love it!

Brigid
  • edited February 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Damn!

Frizzer - you can't be dealing with mid-life crisis already!

Nice car.

That's what Tracy said! As soon as I started to get some grey hair I went and bought a Lotus! A friend of mine has one and we went to the Le Mans 24 hr in it. That did it, after that I HAD to get one! Unfortunately, being a British sports car it needed looking after and that turned out to be a tad too expensive so it had to go.

I do miss the old Ducati though, it was a bit hit and miss whether it would start or not (being Italian!) but it sounded gorgeous when it did!!:rockon:

That canyon looks stunning though. Make sure you post loads of pics.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    I'm Italian, and i have no problems starting....
    Guarda che la prima volta che ci vediamo, saranno guai, eh?
  • edited February 2006
    Ha ha! I knew you'd have something to say about that! :)

What was that you wrote in Italian? I ran it through Babel Fish and it translated it as:

"It watches that before the time that we look at ourselves, will be troubles, eh" ?!

Unfortunately Italian bikes have a bit of a rep for being unreliable. Mine would randomly not start and my mates Ducati pulled all the headlight wires out of the loom when he first put the steering on full lock! However, it's all part of the Ducati experience and I'd have another if I had the money. The Italians sure know how to make iconic designs.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    heheheheheheheheh.... (my wicckid impression of M-Bolden...!)

Nearly, but babels's a scream....

I said,
    "Look, you - the first time we meet, there'll be trouble - !!"

Vroooom!!
    The Italians do have style... there used to be an advert in the UK for Ferrari, which ran:
    "no little Italian boy ever wants to be a train driver when he grows up."
  • edited February 2006
    sweeeeeeeeeeet bike.. bf
    edited February 2006
  • edited February 2006
    Frizzer wrote:
    That's what Tracy said! As soon as I started to get some grey hair I went and bought a Lotus! A friend of mine has one and we went to the Le Mans 24 hr in it. That did it, after that I HAD to get one! Unfortunately, being a British sports car it needed looking after and that turned out to be a tad too expensive so it had to go.

I do miss the old Ducati though, it was a bit hit and miss whether it would start or not (being Italian!) but it sounded gorgeous when it did!!:rockon:

That canyon looks stunning though. Make sure you post loads of pics.

I don't know if you knew this but LOTUS is an acronym for:

Lots

Of

Trouble

Usually

Serious

:buck:
  • edited February 2006
    My little 'Jizo' (I miss him so!)

jizomobile6aw.jpg
  • edited February 2006
    NICE car, Frizzer!! And nice bikes, everyone! My hubby used to have an R1 (I'll see if I can get a picture of it), but now this is the only bike in our household:
    edited February 2006
    You're shorter than I expected, Yoda.

But you look very happy with your ride!

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    Every bike should have an E.T. basket on it!

Nice trailie Dave, I fancied something like that myself but my legs are too short !!

As for the car, yes it was indeed very nice but as BSF said Lotus does indeed stand for Loads Of Trouble Usually Serious! It's not that any one particular thing was expensive, it was just the number of them . Plus I used to get through rear tyres every 8000 miles !
    Never mind, back to a sensible car again now. :(
  • edited February 2006
    Being a responsible adult just really isn't that much fun sometimes, is it Frizzer?? :)

BF - well, she is a little mini version of me, so I can see how you thought that was me in the picture.

"I will call her "mini-me".
    edited February 2006
    Easy, Austin :)

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself !!!!
  • edited February 2006
    LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap...that is some funny stuff!!!
  • edited February 2006
    Ah the magic of Photoshop !
    And on that note I'm off to my meditation group, have a good evening!
  • edited February 2006
    Hope you enjoy your meditation group! I need to find one of those in my area.
  • edited March 2006
    I'm another one of those, 'I had a bike once,' people. This one was a sweetheart. Honda 1974, 550 cc, 4 pipes. This pic was taken 40 miles back in the mountains from Slocan Lake in the Kootenays, BC. I and another fella had come up here for a ride .. and I ran out of gas. Stupid!! Yup. He's now headed off back to town to get me some gas. I set the camera on a rock and decided to record the event. What can you do but smile.

tym.jpg

Tim
    edited March 2006
    Sometimes that's all you can do.

But, unless you told us the story, I would have just thought this was one of your GQ - Men of the Wilderness Calendar poses.

-bf