Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I live in Canada, Does anyone know how I could work as a bartender Over seas or in the US?

edited October 2011 in General Banter
Citizen ship takes a while to get in the US right? How long could I stay in Europe or the US?

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Canadians probably can get EU work permits, because they're part of the Commonwealth. Look into it.
  • You can't work in the US without a work visa. Citizenship can take years. A friend of mine from the UK was just telling me last weekend it took her a total of 13 years to become a citizen. If I were a Canadian, I'd keep my Canadian passport. At least you know you'll have health care. Some of us down here wish we could *get* a Canadian passport, and in fact may attempt to do so if the next couple of elections go as I suspect they might. Unfortunately I'm too old to get a New Zealand permanent visa :(
  • edited October 2011
    Yanks would kill for a Canadian passport. (Well, except for Buddhist Yanks, haha. 1st precept you know... :rolleyes: ) You can probably get a residency visa for England, no problem. And probably for any other Commonwealth country: India, New Zealand, Australia, Zimbabwe (joke), British Guyana (joke, again), South Africa, Falkland Islands (even sheepherders need a bartender...) etc. Getting a US residency visa is impossible unless you have hot IT skills, or a primary relative who's a US citizen.

Mountains: is Belize a Commonwealth country? Used to be British Honduras. Girllikesam might like it there.
  • Belize is horrible. You wouldn't like it. No, really, you wouldn't. Don't go there. It's awful. :)

PS: Yes, it's a Commonwealth country. Besty appears on money and coins.