Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sangha is Leaving

edited March 2006 in General Banter
Many have you may have noticed that I haven't been posting here recently.

I think this is because whenever I do make a post it is either condemned or ignored completly.

I think this forum has a tight knit of members that I was never allowed to become a part of.

Certain members have never accepted me, just because I am younger than them and I have different views, other members I think used to be my friends but are gradually beggining to cut me out, and the rest of you, have never taken any interest in anything I've ever said.

So this is it, I decided I'd make it official, I am gone now.

Thanks to BuddhaFoot and Fede who, when I itnitially joined, took some interest in what I had to say.

Blessings to you all,
Mark.

Comments

• edited February 2006
    Sorry you're leaving. PM me if you need any more photoshopping done.
    Good luck chap,
    Adrian
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Sangha,

Sometimes what we "think" is only an illusion.

Whatever you do - I wish you peace.

If you decide to return - we'll be here waiting for you.

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Mark,

I'm so sorry that you're feeling hurt. That's the last thing anyone here would want you to feel. Cliques often do occur and it's unfortunate. Your post was a reminder of this and I'll be thinking about this issue and trying my best to avoid their occurrence.

Thank you for your honesty and forthrightness. I'm going to go back and read through your posts as an exercise for myself and a reminder that everyone here is of equal value.

I'd like to apologize for my part in making you feel this way. I know that probably doesn't mean much but it's heartfelt and true. I'm sorry.

I hope you change your mind but if you don't please know that I wish you happiness and peace always.

Brigid
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Sangha, Bud, this site is not about OUR EGOS.

Naturally, we feel a little "down" when people gloss over what we say and seem only to be talking to others or each other. I feel that way myself a lot on this site, but that's just 5% of the way I feel. This site is full of so many interesting things and people, that when I feel "Irrelevant," I just don't look at those threads for a week or so, if I can help it.

I think it is forthright of you, young man, to come out and share these feelings with us, but I also think that you are mistaken about us. You are truly a charming young man and I know a lot of us were and ARE very interested in what you have to say. I tried to respond whenever I saw a post by you that I had any input on, since you helped me so much when I was new here. However, I can't catch everything that is posted here, due to time considerations.

It is not my experience that this site is cliqueish. No, all you have to do is engage people in responding to their posts. If others don't respond to your posts, then respond appropriately to posts by others that interest or fascinate you. If I were to post in error, I'd simply go back and change the words.

I'm glad you shared your feelings with us, but hope you'll change your mind. Changing one's mind is good practice for allowing others to change their minds, too.

I just love you,

Nirvana
    ----
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Ditto.

Look Sangha, You only have to look at some of the sh** I write and the arguments I cop for it. It comes with the territory. If you are an enquiring mind and you are open to people's views both negative and positive-you will find that we all get along here quite well.

I admit, half the stuff that some people here write goes way over my head-but I'm learning. and I'm twice your age (shhh quiet Brigid).

Even Brigid disagrees with me now and Zen and she's my sister, (long story-and pun intended).

Hey stick around-we need balanced discussion here-not blind agreeance or blind argument.

we need many ages colours creeds and sexes (yes especially that one-sorry).

regards,
    X
  • edited February 2006
    I agree with what everyone else has said, Sangha. I do apologize if I have ever made you feel ignored, or "left out". Everyone here is very compassionate and nice, and I can't imagine that anyone purposely ignored you. This is a good lesson for all of us....please stick around. It's nice to have you on here.

Kim
  • edited February 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Everyone here is very compassionate and nice...

Kim

Except me thank you. :buck: Sangha be well. When you've decided to stop copping out and blaming others for how you feel and decided to do your own work, come and talk to me sometime.
  • edited February 2006
    Umm...yea, well, ok, everyone except Zenmonk! :)

Just teasing...yes you are compassionate and nice.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    Except me thank you. :buck: Sangha be well. When you've decided to stop copping out and blaming others for how you feel and decided to do your own work, come and talk to me sometime.

Oh, it is SOOOOO Good to have you back - !!
  • edited February 2006
    It's good to be here with you all, even the ones who don't like me much. :tonguec:
  • edited February 2006
    I like it because you say the things I wanted to say but didn't.
  • edited February 2006
    See, I told you I should keep my mouth shut sometimes. ;)

And Sangha, please don't misunderstand me. We all of us, and I mean all of us, get involved in this game of wanting to be acknowledged, wanting to be paid attention to, or perversely, wanting to be left alone, and it's all ultimately self defeating. Whilst my response might seem harsh, believe it or not, it does come from a place that sees no difference between you and I. And from that place I do wish you the very best and hope that you will come and talk sometime.
  • edited February 2006
    I didn't say it because I wouldn't have phrased it as well and it would have sounded schoolmarmish and spiteful. .
  • edited February 2006
    That was good.
    See, I told you I should keep my mouth shut sometimes. ;)

And Sangha, please don't misunderstand me. We all of us, and I mean all of us, get involved in this game of wanting to be acknowledged, wanting to be paid attention to, or perversely, wanting to be left alone, and it's all ultimately self defeating. Whilst my response might seem harsh, believe it or not, it does come from a place that sees no difference between you and I. And from that place I do wish you the very best and hope that you will come and talk sometime.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited February 2006
    ..................[edit].............
    We all of us, and I mean all of us, get involved in this game of wanting to be acknowledged, wanting to be paid attention to, or perversely, wanting to be left alone, and it's all ultimately self defeating.
    .............../quote]

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    ..................[edit].............
    We all of us, and I mean all of us, get involved in this game of wanting to be acknowledged, wanting to be paid attention to, or perversely, wanting to be left alone, and it's all ultimately self defeating.
    .............../quote]

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Mea culpa, too!!! I catch myself very often wanting positive feedback and validation on things I've written. But I am catching myself and setting myself straight. And it's happening less. I'm truly enjoying the process of taking the power away from my ego. I have such a long way to go so enjoying the journey is important to me. And knowing how much my ego hurts me is my motivation. I like to hear that Beatles song on my head "It's getting better all the time. I used to be an angry young man..." (I don't know if those are even the right words. LOL)

Brigid
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2006
    See?

ALL OF YOU should be more like me.

I just write crap and then hardly every check back on it to see if anyone really gave a crap about it anyway.

Or maybe that's just laziness.

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    I think you're actually on to something there, BF. LOL!
  • edited February 2006
    I don't get hurt if no one comments on my posts, I just assume they weren't funny!
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Knitwitch wrote:
    I don't get hurt if no one comments on my posts, I just assume they weren't funny!
    I don't think that's a fair assumption, dear Knitwitch. Quite often, it is just best for me not to reply to a post, if for no other reason that there are just too many possible ramifications. My being "clever" has often backfired on me in my life, so when I'm wise I try to refrain... I guess I've learned not to be very verbally engaging.
    Another point, for myself, if I see that a given thread has gotten, say, 30 posts in 5 hours, I don't even try to keep up with it. I figure that by the time I'm done writing my post, 3 or 4 or more posts will have intervened and made my post redundant. Plus, it's just not my style to be so chatty.

BTW, I haven't written the administrator yet with the request that someone contact Sangha-Mark by e-mail and let him know of the sadness we feel about his decision. Or is that a dumb idea?
  • edited February 2006
    Thanks Nirvana - I am getting over the urge to feel obliged to post on every thread going - sometimes my input would just repeat what other people have said.

As far as emailing Sangha - I would expect he'd come in here to see the reaction to his original post - if he feels so strongly about being ignored surely he will not be able to resist seeing if he has any replies to this one. Then it is up to him. Just my opinion.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2006
    If no one laughs at my posts I don't worry.

I just head upstairs to my private room overlooking the city square and start cleaning and reloading...

You will all PAY for it sooner or later. HAHAHA (evil laugh).
  • edited March 2006
    Come on Xman, take your best shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: