Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Have fun with this one

ClayTheScribeClayTheScribe Veteran
edited October 2011 in Meditation
You've been spending your whole meditating to get to pleasurable states and overall "achieve" good stuff. Now you can have it all by just turning on your CD player!

http://www.eocinstitute.org/meditation_s/45.htm?gclid=CNWC-cHz_asCFQaFQAodAkYYfQ

Comments

• aMattaMatt Veteran
    edited October 2011
    Binaural beats is nothing new, and might be helpful for a beginner. I have a friend who went to the Monroe Institute for a week of meditation and his experience was satisfying. There were a few buddhists in the retreat who commented that it helped their concentration and awareness. Effective technology or quackery, who knows. :)
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited October 2011
    lmao, with some big words, a lot of amazing promises, a happy young smiling male model along with a happy female model and some moderate graphics, A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL BE FOOLED. Then again, we do not know exactly what is on the CD, but it surely does seem to promise a lot :-/ ''decades of practice at a push of a button'', good luck
  • LesCLesC Bermuda Veteran

I did the binaural beats things for about a year in the beginning. It definitely help me with achieving a longer meditation time (30 mins vs 10 mins), but then I felt I needed to be able to meditate without an aid... so I stopped using the binaural and was able to maintain a longer meditation. I see no problem using Binaural beats as an aid to learning to meditate, but ultimately you need to master the skill on your own.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    lmao, with some big words, a lot of amazing promises, a happy young smiling male model along with a happy female model and some moderate graphics, A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL BE FOOLED. Then again, we do not know exactly what is on the CD, but it surely does seem to promise a lot :-/ ''decades of practice at a push of a button'', good luck
    LOL!
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran

I did the binaural beats things for about a year in the beginning. It definitely help me with achieving a longer meditation time (30 mins vs 10 mins), but then I felt I needed to be able to meditate without an aid... so I stopped using the binaural and was able to maintain a longer meditation. I see no problem using Binaural beats as an aid to learning to meditate, but ultimately you need to master the skill on your own.
    Exactly!
  • I thought Monroe's thing was to use the binaural beats to induce out of body experiences. He certainly had some unusual experiences using his system. Maybe there was more to it than binaural beats, I don't recall.
  • I used some free downloadable binaural beats when I first started also. It did help me, as a beginner.

I even posted about it here and received a few "That's not part of my practise" type of replies. So I stopped using it.

Wiki do a thing on binaural beats, just out of interest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats