Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

practical goals and non-attachment

AMHAMH
edited October 2011 in General Banter
I have done 3 weeks of Spanish classes and also studied online in a free program that I really like. I just do not have a fast enough internet connection to do the talking part. I also made a connection to an educator during my son's hike for science class (we live in Colorado and it was gorgeous weather and many places close to us for checking out geology). In any case there may be ways to increase the areas I am highly
qualified in by testing. I have been frustrated that I did not have enough college hours of math to qualify in that area because I came into college with AP Calculus already.

So now the balance of goals with non-attachment. My goal is to earn as much as I have as income from both earning and child suppport. I have been working at this for so long it is hard to not be discouraged. In most of my jobs I hear that I have high enthusiasm and I work very very hard. However there is something a little bit different enough about me that I don't quite get into the 'in crowd' that tends to get hired. They keep on advertsing that they need outside of the box teachers for innovative learning yet the criteria to hire teachers is the same old process.

I tend to think there is a reason for everything, at least we can make a positive about any situation. But having a hard time with that these days. I recently had my relationship go from talking about partially living together to a total silence and break up because I really pushed to go check on him when he was sick (and tends to go to the ER often). The swiftness of it all is rather difficult, besidse losing my friend and the support we were going to offer each other in our goals. hey I only cried 2 times so far today. Oh I am really off track now.

Gonna go to work and spend lunch studying Spanish a little more,

Comments

• Sounds like a lot going on.. Good to keep busy, but take care not to be in your head too much. Walking or relaxing to music can get you back in your body, or however you like to do it. Just my take on times remembering so much going on in life.

• Thankyou, I had several things going on at work that involved difficult conversations and meetings to build teams out of my sites that have gone through many changes. I think that what is going on made me a little more soft emotionally and more able to handle it all, not sure but I felt very good about my work today as much as I was lonely for no phone calls or texts all day long.