Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What have you come to discover about the 4nt and the 8fp? your theory of it's entirety;

edited October 2011 in Buddhism Today
"What have you come to discover about the 4nt and the 8fp? your theory of it's entirety."

Comments

• i have discovered the 4 noble truths are true and the 8fold path works lol
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited October 2011
    I have no theory as such, I take them for what they are and firstly that is that they are fundamental teachings of the buddha, secondly they should be understood.

Now, what have I discovered is something else entirely. I have realized that you need to first feel true suffering to actually want to be free from samsara, to be liberated. If you have never suffered or for that matter, realize this problem in our existence, then how can you go about resolving the issue?

I have discovered that the 4NT are where a lot of the learning process of the dharma starts, well at an intellectual level mostly at first. Before you should try to understand them entirely however, I think it is important to understand the two truths.

With the 8 fold path, I consider my practice and many people's practice for that matter to start here and to end here, it is something that you will always relate to if you are a practicing buddhist. They seem at a first glance and maybe even glances after the first glace to be 8 simple points on how to live your life, but when you actually study them and go on to applying them to your life, that is something that will take a lot of practice. But they are pure, they are fundamental and taught from the word go for a reason, because they are so important to buddhism and your practice.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Simplify.
  • the arising of suffering and the cessation of suffering.
  • Is that an order federica!? :crazy:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    There are no 'orders' in Buddhism, but plenty of worthwhile suggestions.....

see for yourself. ;)
  • HanzzeHanzze Veteran
    edited October 2011
    I could not believe what the most people tell and write about it. *smile* There was to much theory.