Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

In-N-Out Delivery Deal From Midtown Row Will Bring Animal-Style Burger Anywhere In U.S. For $56.

DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
edited October 2011 in General Banter
Some people really go animal for animal-style burgers from In-N-Out. But the cult fast food chain is only available in a few markets outside its native California -- and none are east of the Mississippi. Burger-loving LA transplants are thus left high and dry, much to their dismay. If you need proof, try Googling "i miss in-n-out." You'll get over 88,000 results.

But how much is this carnostalgia really worth? One deal site, Midtown Row, has a guess: $56.

That's how much the company is charging people who want to order In-N-Out for delivery anywhere in the country. For that price, customers get two frozen In-N-Out double-double burgers, either regular or animal-style, but no guarantee of freshness. Midtown Row warns, "We will ship with proper refrigeration via overnight mail, but reheat and consume at your own risk."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/28/in-n-out-delivery-deal-midtown-row_n_1064151.html

Comments

• Figure out the amount of fuel that has to be consumed for each of those burgers. It's obscene.

I once read (and don't know that it's true, but certainly feasible) that one of those small half pint plastic boxes of blackberries sold in markets in the US, but grown in Chile, consumes something like 45 gallons of fossil fuel before it arrives in your grocery store. I won't buy them...
  • I use to hang around with a friend in the UK who use to live off of the land for a large part of his teen years. That included killing animals though. I use to work with him in a kitchen and I remember eating some wood-pigeon pie that still had shot in it from his shotgun.

But besides the meat/animal side of it, he was pretty resourceful when it came to plants etc.

This burger story is crazy though, I have eaten near enough raw burgers when I was drunk one summers night around a BBQ in England, and subsequently sick. I wouldn't pay or trust that 56 dollar burger, even drunk!

Another quite interesting burger story, here in Thailand there is an island named 'Koh Chang', 'chang' is thai for elephant which is their countries animal. Anyway on Koh Chang there is a huge mountain and at the top there is a famous temple. Many thais an foreigners go there all year round. However, at the bottom they say burgers, but wait for it, can you guess the name of the burgers??

Buddha Burgers LMAO.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, I'm up for paying $56 for what probably is a mediocre (and cold) burger. :p