Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Is this right?

edited March 2006 in General Banter
Picked this up in another buddhist site, would just like to know what you people thought about it.
http://chocolatedeities.com/index.php

thanx
dell

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2006
    Well, the words "bandwaggon" and "jumping on the" come to mind... I guess it's a way to make a profit and take advantage of the "current perceived vogue" as it is...But I wouldn't call it Right Livelihood exactly.. or even particularly skillful or Mindful...

But let's not get so serious that we stick our heads so far up in the dark place, that we forget to enjoy life - !
  • edited March 2006
    Sounds gorgeous .... going away dribbling now.

And why not? If the French can describe a wine as "like God slipping down your throat in velvet breeches", why not a chockie god or goddess.

Only technical point I'd mail them about is that Buddha is not a God.
  • edited March 2006
    And as the great sage Sing Sang Song wrote "Nothing bad ever came covered in chocolate. What never came covered in chocolate monks?"

"Anything bad"

(Glutton sutra)

OK OK OK - I'll get my coat, that was my first ever Buddhist joke!
  • edited March 2006
    Well why not? Other people make up their quotations as they go along and I have admitted I was joking?
  • edited March 2006
    Would it be fair if they sold Mohammed or Jesus figures, or should I just see the humourous side, I have the utmost respect for every Buddha statue in my house. Why would somebody that I respect and love be sold to be eaten.

Any thoughts
  • edited March 2006
    See above
  • edited March 2006
    riponcub wrote:
    Would it be fair if they sold Mohammed or Jesus figures, or should I just see the humourous side, I have the utmost respect for every Buddha statue in my house. Why would somebody that I respect and love be sold to be eaten.

Any thoughts

Ask a Korean dog?
  • edited March 2006
    One last question for the day.

Why is it seen as untaste full or frowned upon to have a buddhist tattoo under the belt?

db
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2006
    I didn't think it was...
    Chocolate virgin mary's and figures of St Francis are for sale everywhere in Assisi....
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited March 2006
    riponcub wrote:

Why is it seen as untaste full or frowned upon to have a buddhist tattoo under the belt?

db

Gives a new meaning for "awakened"!

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    riponcub wrote:

db

It's not.

dharmaPunx_156.jpg
  • edited March 2006
    bf!!
    i have never heard of such a thing..
    really ........
    why you asking ? you thinkin of gettin one??
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited March 2006
    I have one on my shoulder. A celtic/infinte knot. So I hope it doesn't offend.

P.S. Bad luck if it does!
    edited March 2006
    colleen wrote:
    bf!!
    i have never heard of such a thing..
    really ........
    why you asking ? you thinkin of gettin one??

No... I just meant that when a willie does that "thing" that it does sometimes, you could say

"He's awakened!"

-bf
    edited March 2006
    Xrayman wrote:
    I have one on my shoulder. A celtic/infinte knot. So I hope it doesn't offend.

P.S. Bad luck if it does!

Hey pardner!

I have celtic knots on both ankles.

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    hey i want one now!!
    hehe..
    always have.. i have alil bee on my ankle but i think
    its dumb..
    i want alil one somewhere.. but no what to pic.

still thinkin
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited March 2006
    cool.

I'm really thinking of a lower back Lotus or perhaps Dragonfly with spread wings... but then again, the Mrs. says that this is forming into yet another addiction of mine.

Friggin' two small tatts and all of a sudden I'm an addict!? WHATEVER.

regards,
    X

P.S. Celtic Knots are the best BF! I have a chinese character that states "Earth" but the non-literal interpretation is "Down to Earth" I like THat.
  • edited March 2006
    hey.. hats off to buddhism
    this promotes.. acceptance and recognition
    gives people permission and a chance to find fun
    and ease and just maybe they may be curious to learn
    more.
    hopefully they dont get attached to the chocolate. hehe
  • edited March 2006
    shoot i messed up
    that post was suppose to be about the lil chocolate buddha

ooops..
    somehow i guess it relates to the tatoos to..??!!!!
    but was talkin about the ch. buddha site
  • edited March 2006
    Chocolate Buddhas remind me of the Heart Sutra candles I have - lovely - but one can't be eaten and the other can't be burnt.
    edited March 2006
    Xrayman wrote:
    cool.

I'm really thinking of a lower back Lotus or perhaps Dragonfly with spread wings... but then again, the Mrs. says that this is forming into yet another addiction of mine.

Friggin' two small tatts and all of a sudden I'm an addict!? WHATEVER.

regards,
    X

P.S. Celtic Knots are the best BF! I have a chinese character that states "Earth" but the non-literal interpretation is "Down to Earth" I like THat.

I got mine done from a friend of mine I used to play the bagpipes with. He later became a tattoo artist and did mine. He did them at a point in his life where he was dying - and while never having been tattood before - I thought it was a good way to remember him by. So, I got some of his tats.

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    Im getting two new ones done, I'm getting Kali the Hindu goddes of death and rebirth done on my shoulder, and then getting the hand of enlightenment done on my back, but then I'm done (think I said that words a few tattoos ago) . . . hell, my partner is a tattoo artist, might as well use it while it is there:cool:
  • edited March 2006
    Tattoo's rule. I do not have any, nor will I ever get any, but my hubby has three of them, and I love them. Have any of you ever watched the show "Inked"?
  • edited March 2006
    "If you meet the (chocolate) Buddha along the way...eat him?" ;)
  • edited March 2006
    Don't think I'd be able to resist, Harlan!