Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Virya, Right Effort, Energy

edited November 2011 in Meditation
So I'm curious about the aspect of Virya in particular, and wanted to know if there is any meditation or practice that helps one build up ENERGY. Actual physical energy to endeavor. I'm someone who tends to feel very disconnected from my body and very drowsy a lot of the time.

I'm making it a habit to become mentally more proactive and bring awareness into my mind so as to exert myself when I'm called to in life (something I have a problem with; have been called lazy a number of times).

Is there any practice or meditation to increase this sense of energy specifically?

Comments

• Keeping your word of truth. When you say to yourself you are going to do something,, then do it. And avoid saying things you won't follow through on. Generosity can energize one. Discipline and forbearance as you say can energize.

I'm not aware of too many meditation techniques. When you are very slugglish you can say Phat! really loud is traditional method to spring back to attentiveness.
  • @novaw0lf started a thread that answers this one..."Compassion is strength"