Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Darker default typeface?

edited November 2010 in NewBuddhist.com
For the elderly and/or those with poor vision, I wonder if the default pale grey type could, at least, be bumped up to the darkest grey, if not black? Then we would not have to change it each time we post, nor squint at others postings.

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited March 2006
    THAT IS AN AWFUL IDEA.

-BF

P.S. Just kidding - that might actually be a good idea.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited March 2006
    I'll try to add it as an option. Thanks for the idea :)
    edited March 2006
    Okay, at the very bottom of each page, you'll see a little selection box - the style is called "Buddhism 3.5 with black type". Select that for a darker typeface. :)
    edited March 2006
    I also made the default typeface on that style a bit larger.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2006
    Wow, Brian - That's really cool - !!
    OK, now.....
    Where's the "make me taller" option, please....?:p :lol:
  • edited March 2006
    Brian wrote:
    Okay, at the very bottom of each page, you'll see a little selection box - the style is called "Buddhism 3.5 with black type". Select that for a darker typeface. :)

Profound prostrations & thanks Brian!

But if anyone objects to the point size of the font, feel free to back it down.
    edited March 2006
    Okay, i've created two versions - one with black type normal size, and a black type large font. :)
  • edited March 2006
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the "header links" (in yellowish parts on user cp page: Control Panel link on top of the left column, and New Subscribed Threads to the right are the only ones I see but they're probably the same class and there might be other links like them) in the user control panel (and perhaps in other places as well) are almost impossible to see after you've visited them.
    edited March 2006
    I'll take a look at that, aquula :)
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Brian,

What about some nice rainbows and unicorns and little clouds with cherubs and...

teehee.
    X

P.S. Still missing the divider....
    edited March 2006
    The divider is beyond my skillset, i'll have to call in my old friend -animal- for that bit...

The darker "visited links" color has been adjusted :)
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited March 2006
    perhaps i'm a little dumb, but isn't it HTML, <VERTLINE> or something similar?

DISCLAIMER:
    Ignore the post above, the user is an idiot, he has no Idea of Computery Stuff.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2006
    I'm going to ignore both of your above posts, Xray, because I like the missing divider. From a design perspective it's much smoother looking and easier on the eyes. Don't worry. The more you come here the less you'll miss it. You're brain will fill in your perceived blanks.

Brian, the site looks fab and I love the changes you've made.
    Thank you so much for everything.

Love,
    Brigid
  • edited March 2006
    I can see the links now, thank you for changing the colour :)
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited March 2006
    :whatever:

Brigid.

:buck: Brigid loves brian, Brigid loves Brian. etc
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2006
    What a baby!!! Wahh, wahh, wahh!!

Here's another raspberry for you,

Prhhhhprhhprhhhsbbllt!

Love,
    Brigid
  • edited May 2006
    Your working well there Brian !
    when i look in CP panel,i notice at the very bottom.."attachments"
    you dont want me to list ALL of em, do you ? jeez,that might take a while.

just jesting !

was a relief to find the darker fonts tho,as my old eyes were struggling.ta !
    well wishes
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited November 2010
    OK, I'm BUMPING now, LeonBasin!
    Brian wrote: »

For those who are new to this site in the last 4 years or so.