Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I too shall be away....

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited June 2006 in General Banter
....But I'm afraid my reasons are far more practical and less altruistic than Elohim's....

I won't be around much today (Monday 6th) because tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday, I'm going to be dealing with, and embroiled in a legal situation....
Gonna fight for the right to get paid - !!

I'll be back on Friday, and will let you all know how I get on, then....
can I PLEASE trust you all to behave yourselves....?

BF..... .........stop flicking ink pellets at Yogamama....
Xrayman..... stop writing sonnets and pay attention....
Zenmonk.....how many times.....? Sit properly!
Brigid.... .....leave my knife collection alone....
Knitwitch.... cakes and tea, please......
Palzang.... ..use a hanky, not your sleeves......
Frizzer.... ...stop click-clacking those beads fergawdssake!

George......George?.......

........don't do that......*

Wish me luck ;)

(*Only die-hard true British fans of Joyce Grenfell will know what i mean by that one....!!)

Comments

• edited March 2006
    I hope it goes well.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2006
    Thank you Aquula... and if I'm not going to be around much, thank you to anyone who may come in and wish me well....
    Aquula, you'll notice you're not on the list... you're just too good, I guess!
    thanks again.... ;)
  • edited March 2006
    Please Miss, Please Miss, can I be monitor while you're out of the room, please Miss!

Bright blessings on your endeavours beloved. The whole house will stink of incense while you are away.
  • edited March 2006
    Be careful out there Federica, to paraphrase a character from Hill Street Blues.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Turn the pressure up to 11 on them, Freddie - to paraphrase Nigel Tufnel.

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    Best of luck to you, Federica. Please don't let Knitwitch be in charge of us while you are gone. PLEASE!!!!! ;)

BF - did you notice how she told you to behave and not me??? Hmmmmm....guess I have her fooled, huh??
  • edited March 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Best of luck to you, Federica. Please don't let Knitwitch be in charge of us while you are gone. PLEASE!!!!! ;)

QUOTE]

Why not? I'd be good at it ...... I'd ban EVERYBODY! :cheer:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    BF - did you notice how she told you to behave and not me??? Hmmmmm....guess I have her fooled, huh??

Dang, my memory's going..... Yogamama....... I told you - that's not lady-like, so stop it.....

(Spitting mandarin seeds across the place....Why? What did you think I meant.....??)
  • edited March 2006
    You weren't supposed to see that...I thought you were gone already.
    edited March 2006
    .......heheheheheheheheheheheh!!
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited March 2006
    Ha ha! She didn't tell ME to behave! :p

:rockon::cheer::mullet:
    edited March 2006
    ....The words "Bill and Ted" spring to mind....!! :D:o
    edited March 2006
    YogaMama wrote:

I must have missed that.

Probably while I was whipping up my sausage and prune juice smoothie this morning.

I'm dim without my prunes in the morning.

-bf
    edited March 2006
    Freddie,

For someone who is supposed to be gone - you sure are hanging around here a lot.

Why don't you shoo off for a bit now?

-bf
    edited March 2006
    Oh, do I look that dumb to you.....?

It's now 10:25pm here... I shall soon be climbing the "wooden Hill, Bedofordshire bound" so be patient, my little Lab experiment, be patient..... heeheeheehee!
    edited March 2006
    My little lab experiment...

Too funny :)

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    Ah Ha,
    You all forgot about me.....Dang! I'll just hide back in the corner were I belong:grumble: Hit you all with my ruler I will!!!!!!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited March 2006
    But - but - I wear sleeveless shirts!

Palzang of the limberlost
  • edited March 2006
    Hope it's going well, Federica!!!!
  • edited March 2006
    She should be phoning home tonight to say they arrived - I'll let you know.
  • edited March 2006
    Oh good. Please let us know! Nick is never on here anymore...does he not like us anymore?
  • edited March 2006
    Fede and Nick arrived safely after an 11 hour drive through blizzards and then heavy rain. They are fine and send their love.

• XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited March 2006
    federica wrote:
    ....But I'm afraid my reasons are far more practical and less altruistic than Elohim's....

I won't be around much today (Monday 6th) because tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday, I'm going to be dealing with, and embroiled in a legal situation....
    Gonna fight for the right to get paid - !!

I'll be back on Friday, and will let you all know how I get on, then....
    can I PLEASE trust you all to behave yourselves....?

BF..... .........stop flicking ink pellets at Yogamama....
    Xrayman..... stop writing sonnets and pay attention....
    Zenmonk.....how many times.....? Sit properly!
    Brigid.... .....leave my knife collection alone....
    Knitwitch.... cakes and tea, please......
    Palzang.... ..use a hanky, not your sleeves......
    Frizzer.... ...stop click-clacking those beads fergawdssake!

George......George?.......

........don't do that......*

Wish me luck ;)

(*Only die-hard true British fans of Joyce Grenfell will know what i mean by that one....!!)

Sonnets?

I friggin' wish!

Yes there's love if you want it ,
    Don't sound like a sonnet,
    My lord.

Sonnet. Richard Ashcroft-The Verve

Now this guy can Write!

All this talk of getting lonely,
    it's getting me down my lord,
    like a cat in a bag,
    waiting to drown,
    this time I'm going down.

Now the drugs don't work,
    they just make you worse,
    but I know I'll see your face again.

Now I say Wooohooo,
    If heaven calls,
    I'm coming too.

Just like you said,
    You live your life, I'm better off dead.

The Drugs Don't Work, Richard Ashcroft-The Verve

mmm maybe it's because his name is Richard...Yea there's definitely something in that.

Good luck, Federica!

You've gotta fight for your right to Par-ty! (Beastie Boys):rocker:

regards,
    Xrayman
  • edited March 2006
    Hope it all turned out well, Federica!
  • edited March 2006
    Only good thought for you Fede
    edited March 2006
    OK.....

Well, after a long, tedious, frustrating and terrifying drive back, through continuous torrential downpours, we're back....
    Got in late last night....(thursday 9th,) and it turns out we made a near 2000km round-trip for about a half hour in the Industrial Tribunal, infront of four french judges.... Who will let us know their decision on the 31st of May.

They kindly pointed out I would not need to attend then....For this at least, I am truly grateful....
    But we still have another three months or so of tough time ahead of us...

I feel fatigued, a little deflated and cannot believe such an experience would be so intimidating and harrowing.
    However, you will all note I am still in one piece, down a little, maybe, but definitely not out!

Picture ant and rubber-tree plant.... ;)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2006
    "Ooops, there goes another rubber tree, oops there goes another rubber tree, oops there goes another rubber tree plant."

So glad you're both home safe and sound.

The waiting game is such a drag, isn't it? I've been doing a lot of it recently and I'm still not handling it with the grace and patience I'd like to. I always freak out like my whole world's ending. I need answers, NOW!!! But, (sigh), it is another good opportunity to practice patience, after all. (My parents are starting to get pretty fed up with this "opportunity" attitude of mine. I know they want to tell me to shut up. I just know it. LOL!)

Just hang with us while you're waiting and we'll keep your mind off things by being our usual naughty little selves. We'll keep you on your toes, Fede. Promise!

Love,
    Brigid

P.S. Just curious, but were you supplied with any travel refunds of any sort? Or did you have to pay for that as well? You should have received danger pay for those drives. That makes me a little angry, putting you and Nick through danger like that. Surely video conferencing should do away with the need to show up in person in the very near future.
    I have no idea how I'm going to do the traveling the government expects of me when I have to be reevaluated at the end of April by a doctor chosen by them in who knows what city.
  • edited March 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    Just hang with us while you're waiting and we'll keep your mind off things by being our usual naughty little selves. We'll keep you on your toes, Fede. Promise!

Yep - I was a little naughty yesterday.

Fede - so glad you are back and sorry to hear it was so draining for you! Hope you are feeling better soon!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Yogamama,

Wouldn't it be great if BF had the same standard for naughty as you have? :)
    edited March 2006
    Wait a minute...

I never said I was naughty. I'm just plain, old weird. :)

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    You didn't have to SAY you were naughty. We all just know that you are. In fact, it was totally your fault that I was "acting up" yesterday.
    edited March 2006
    True - I just never said I was naughty. Doesn't mean it's not true.

Now stop passing the buck. You sound like my girlfriend. "It's your fault I'm not using Right Speech, you big, stupid dummy!"

-bf
    edited June 2006
    Sorry to revive old news, but it's better than starting a new thread....

I am making fast and decisive moves to vacate the place we are renting, and will be staying with Nick's dad for a week or so....
    During this time, I will come in as often as is possible, but my visits are likely to be less frequent...

On Friday the 23rd of June, I am leaving France.

Nick's dad (Peter) is driving me over to the UK, and all being well, I shall be staying at my younger brother's tiny apartment, whilst he is away for a month or so, working...this will be the necessary incentive to spur me into finding more permanent accommodation, and hopefully, some form of gainful employment....
    Peter has just bought a one-way ticket for our trip, because he will be using the return trip already paid for, and planned for Nick's return to France - something that in view of what I'm doing, will now no longer be necessary....

Simon, Adrian, Sas, Jane: I shall look forward to the Golden Opportunity of meeting up with you all at some point.... I have taken the liberty of making a note of your e-mail details, in case for some reason I can't make it back on forum for a while, but in any event, everyone should definitely consider this coming interlude as an 'au revoir' moment, as opposed to an 'adieu' - I am more difficult to get rid of than this, you know....!!

Will keep you all in the loop...

You're all such a joy and tower of stength for me....
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited June 2006
    May the next times be a blessing to you, Fede., and may all the saints, devas, spirits and powers gather round and protect you.
    edited June 2006
    How do you hug via a post.....?

*Hugs* Simon.... :winkc:
    edited June 2006
    You see the house on the corner, with the garden round three sides, big lawn....slap bang in the middle of the 'photo....?

Well.....

That's where I'm going to.....!!
    It's my brother's pad, and it will only be temporary, but it will be so nice to get back to England!!
    (Appearances can be deceptive....The roof covers two adjoining houses....both divided into ground-floor and top-floor apartment/maisonettes....he's in one of them.... and it's quite tiny....) But for a while, it will be my little pied-à-terre....

dang! Must get rid of this French - !! :lol:

http://maps.google.com/?t=k&om=1&ll=51.4516,-0.333624&spn=0.001239,0.002033
    edited June 2006
    Twickers, eh?
    edited June 2006
    Oh, absolutely....Pope, Marble Hill, Rugby and all that.....!
    edited June 2006
    I used to live in Richmond and worship at St Margaret's!
    edited June 2006
    I got married in St Margaret's.....!!

Catholic, that is...One of the most hideous, modern, characterless churches I have ever seen- !! All breeze-block and weird angles....!!
    edited June 2006
    Hey, dude! You should have seen St M's when we only had an old tin shack!!! Were you married by Fr Swan?
  • edited June 2006
    Twickenham eh? Very nice indeed!
    edited June 2006
    Hey, dude! You should have seen St M's when we only had an old tin shack!!! Were you married by Fr Swan?
    Oh my goodness!! You know Fr. Swan - ??!! This is just great!!
    No, Fr. John Wylie married us..... (I think that's how it's spelt - pronounced Why-lee, for those who don't know) I don't know if he was before, during, or after your time....; Comical sensitive chap....lovely man.... Fr. Swan was... complicated..... bit tetchy and authoritarian.... but he was ok.....
    Good grief, 'quel monde intime'.....!!

Frizzer...you know it? How far are you from there?
  • edited June 2006
    Fed, your new home is lovely (from what I can tell by the picture! :) ). I am very happy for you...I know that you have not been happy in France. May you find some peace and happiness, and a new job!!! :)
  • edited June 2006
    Oh, and Hi Frizzer! I miss you around here! How are your tomatoes doing?
    edited June 2006
    I see it! I see it! It's the house where all these cars are driving to on the wrong side of the road!

-bf
    edited June 2006
    I Thought exactly the same thing - !! :lol:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2006
    BF, lol!!

Fede,

I'll be happy when you're finally back. France has had its day.

Happy times ahead!

Love you.

Brigid
    edited June 2006

Moving out of this house on Friday the 9th of June....

Will have sporadic access to the Internet from then, until the 22nd of June....
    Then, that will be it, until I really don't know when.....

I have shifted more dust than is good for me, and got rid of much crud and clutter that's been bad for me...
    There have been some delightful moments here, but the whole experience has, on the whole, left a bitter taste in my mouth - but i'm not looking back -

The UK awaits, and I'm looking forward to the move, now....
  • edited June 2006
    It goes without saying that I am REALLY going to miss you while you are gone. I am so glad you are looking forward to your move. Please keep in touch when you can.