Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Thank you

SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
edited March 2006 in General Banter
Thank you to all of you who have contacted me by PM and email to ask why I haven't been around recently. Please take this as an explanation to you all.

Since my op., I have had much more energy, both physical and mental. As a result, I have become stuck into writing that I have promised to finish this year (only about 90% of the final write-up needed!). I am also doing a number of voice-overs for documentaries, etc. My 'work' as a 'spiritual sherpa' has taken off again, without my having gone to look for it and I am seeing more pilgrims as well.

As a result, I have far less time to devote to cruising this forum. I have, indeed, given up visiting most other groups to which I belong. This one, however, is special!

Add to this a rebirth of regular daily practice based on the 'canonical hours', if from a 'Buddhist' pov, and you will understand, I hope, that my Net time is more limited than heretofor.

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Thanks for the update, Simon. I was wondering where you had gotten off to.

Sounds like you're doing some interesting stuff at the moment. Voice overs for documentairs? I'm wondering if we're going to hear you in the next Disney cartoon:

The Littlest Buddha in the World!

Starring the voice characterizations of James Earl Jones, John Lydon, Margaret Thatcher and Simon the Pilgrim!

Glad you managed to stop in.

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    Thanks for letting us know, Simon! I had asked about you somewhere around here....
    I was beginning to get worried knowing that you just had surgery!

It sounds like you are up to great things!
  • edited March 2006
    Glad you're still with us Simon and busy. Don't you just love doing voiceovers? I do -like acting but without having to dress up!
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Knitwitch wrote:
    Glad you're still with us Simon and busy. Don't you just love doing voiceovers? I do -like acting but without having to dress up!

It's great fun. Although I do enjoy the dressing up too! I have yet to achieve my ambition to direct and play in Godot.
  • edited March 2006
    Hi Simon,

Just last night, I was thinking about you and wondering where you had been. I had plans to send you a pm today, and then noticed that you were back on here. Glad you are doing well and having fun keeping busy!! :)
  • edited March 2006
    I once ruined a rehearsal for that in my student days by coming onstage and saying "Godot's just rung - he's not coming!"

I get to do voiceovers for things that were shot in French and are going to be shown in UK or USA but they are usually rather boring adverts for electrical equipment rather than real fun stuff like documentaries .... so I jig it up a bit by doing different accents.
  • edited March 2006
    Knitwitch wrote:
    I get to do voiceovers for things that were shot in French and are going to be shown in UK or USA but they are usually rather boring adverts for electrical equipment rather than real fun stuff like documentaries .... so I jig it up a bit by doing different accents.

Anything I may have seen?

Simon, what documentaries are you doing voice overs for? I'll have to keep an eye out for them. Glad to hear that you're ok and have been busy though, like the others I was starting to wonder if you were ok.

Adrian
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Adrian,

At the moment I am doing voice for a series of tourist guides on CD, starting with my beloved Wye Valley.
  • edited March 2006
    Frizzer wrote:
    Anything I may have seen?

Simon, what documentaries are you doing voice overs for? I'll have to keep an eye out for them. Glad to hear that you're ok and have been busy though, like the others I was starting to wonder if you were ok.

Adrian

Don't know lovie - last one I did was for a deep fat fryer in which they interviewed a load of people in the street asking them what they cooked in theirs and what they disliked most about their fryer .... I was all the female voices on that one. I was the cat in a dog food advert and a long time ago doubled Penelope Keith when she was still too expensive - nowadays they can afford her.