Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Best Time/Times of Your Life

ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
edited November 2011 in General Banter
So, yes the past is past and we should not live or bask in nastolgia, but what were the best time or times of your life so far?

Comments

• I can look back and think that my best time were my old army days, when I was young and had little responsibility; when my front teeth were still intact and I had lots of money to spend on wine, women, and boot polish. I had travel and adventure.

However, if I'm honest with myself, at the time, I thought things were pretty shitty; I've always wanted 'life' to be different. That's one of the reasons I'm now on a spiritual path; or maybe that is the very reason I'm on a spiritual path now.

I reckon, if I live another 40 years, I'll look back at this period of my life, and think they were good too; even if right here and now, I don't think they are.

Funny innit?
  • Yea I have learnt at an early age I guess that we always strive for something that is not in the now, be it a pysical object, an emotion or a place. That thing we strive for rarely meets our expectations anyway :p

I loved your caption about your old army days, wine, girls and front tooth lol. My happiest day are probably seen as pathetic or negative, but if I honestly look back at those days, I had the best time. Me and a specific friend every weekend going out with our portable music system on friday night, a few ecstasy pills, a bag of weed and the entire woodland to explore. We would share everything in total openess that guys rarely are able to do in normal circumstances, we would have a blast.

Those days I understand are gone and I burnt myself out as a 'partier' pretty quickly due to excess. Now I prefer a quieter life, a more humble way of living and I am 23 lol...

funny innit :P
  • Best times of my life:

I was Sam Fox's driver in Bosnia when she came to visit the troops:

Photobucket

Northern Ireland fooling about:

Photobucket

Gulf War, 'taking a break'

Photobucket

Toilet Party (You can see how I ended up in A.A.)

Photobucket

Good times!
  • It'd be nice to see some other pics of member's here in what they consider their good times!
  • Man, good times seriously. I bet you experienced a lot. That is what it is all about experience. If I had pics of my fav days I would post, but firstly my mac was stolen last year, secondly people do not look too cool on ecstasy, thirdly a picture cannot convey the emotion/feeling of the moment fully (especially with ecstasy).
  • Right here, right now
  • The best times... I afraid that I was naked so I won't post any pics, even if I had taken the time to take them, at the time, which I didn't because I didn't think to photograph the occasion. Absurd of course, but true.
  • The best times... I afraid that I was naked so I won't post any pics, even if I had taken the time to take them, at the time, which I didn't because I didn't think to photograph the occasion. Absurd of course, but true.
    Naked mud wrestling?

• No of course not, it was a local nood shop at 7/11, that is obvious.