Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

If you had to make YOUR OWN 8 FOLD PATH, maybe something like a checklist what would it be?

edited November 2011 in Arts & Writings
1. watch more comedy, 2. read more, 3. explore kama sutra 4. care less about money

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Nah. I think the originals are pretty complete. Why fix it when it ain't broken? Improving on perfection isn't an option.

Your examples aren't a checklist.
    They're desires and cravings, anyway.....
  • 1. Pay attention
    2. Be non-judgmental
    3. Be polite
    4. Focus on what works

How'd I do??
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    @skullchin:
    Right Awareness
    Right View
    Right Speech
    The entire Eightfold Path AND 5 Precepts.

Pretty good!
  • I personally would not tamper with one of the most basic, fundamnetal and amazing teachings of an enlighhtened founder of a religion, so I would stick with what there exists today.
  • okay in a not serious note:

1. Right outfit, not too tight, not too loose, and pants fit nicely in the seat.
    2. Right friends, not so attractive they make you look bad, not looking so bad you stand out overly
    3. Right meals, like taco bell is okay but chipotle is so much better
    4. Right appliances, for some folks I know. energy efficient and shiny and one you can talk about the features of for at least 30 minutes at a failing party
    5. Rigth pet, not too crazy of a dog and the cat should be the same color as the couch to hide shedding.

Okay that is the end of my creativity tonight. i honestly wouldn't change the 8 but got a funny moment
  • edited November 2011
    PS not supposed to be so serious ie. 1. kama sutra
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited November 2011
    ohhhh, kk if we are on the not so serious ones then I shall provide my 8 fold path.

1. Right effort
    2. Right sleep (trying not to be nocturnal)
    3. Right compassion
    4. Right poker hand (doesn't always work)
    5. Right food
    6. Right meds (valium valium valium)
    7. Right climate (south easy asia all the way)
    8. Right hair (bed hair)
  • 1 Right bicep
    2 Right ear
    3 Right eye
    4 Right testicle/ovary (probably not both)
    5 Right hairdo
    6 Right butt cheek
    7 Right hand rule (of vectors in math)
    8 Right corner pocket
  • lmao
    :lol:@jeffrey!!

Can't better that!!

(Sorry about the serious tone, you can newver tell with BeachHouseGuy..... :D )
  • 9. pain in the ass