Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Fighting for Redemption

novaw0lfnovaw0lf Veteran
edited November 2011 in Arts & Writings
Hello everyone! As I'm sure some of you already know, I'm a writer who recently published a nonfictional memoir about my life. I'm posting here to let everyone know that I'm hosting the entire book on my website for free, if anyone would be interested in reading it.

"Fighting for Redemption is the biography of a boy who was born to a racially insecure young mother and a murdered drug dealer. This true story tracks Mike’s ascension into manhood and the mistakes that he makes along the way. Mike is treated with irreverence by his mother and stepfather before he becomes a teenager. The rejection by his own family causes him to morph into a social outcast who develops an imaginary friend named Nova to quell his loneliness and guide him through some of the highest thresholds of physical, mental, and emotional pain.

To mentally survive an abusive parent, hospitalization for malnourishment, and flesh-eating bacteria, Mike too often escaped into the realm of fantasy--emulating the characters that he admired in movies, video-games, and Japanese anime. Through a fateful intervention, he is taught Chinese martial arts by three unlikely friends who indirectly lead him to compete in underground illegal fight-clubs. Once old enough to join the military, Mike enters Navy SEAL training to chase the ideal and accepted individual that his imaginary friend wants him to be. This path leads him on a journey of heartbreak, suicidal depression, and faithlessness that would change his life forever." -BarnesAndNoble.com

You can read it here:
http://www.writerwolven.com/journal/literature/ffr.php