Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Cold Mountain

edited March 2006 in Buddhism Basics
Hi all! I have been searching for poems by Han-Shan online. Mostly I have only found bits and pieces here and there. Does anyone know of a site with a good compalation of poems by Han-Shan?

Comments

• edited March 2006
    Cold Mountain - one of my all time favorite books that. You have excellent taste. Interestingly enough I recently succumbed to temptation and bought two hanging scroll grotesque characatures of Han Shan and Shi Te - the guffawing fools, scribblers of poems on rocks. Han Shan and Shi-Te.
    http://bureido.web.infoseek.co.jp/kakejiku6600/DSCF0510.JPG
    I climb the road to Cold Mountain,
    The road to Cold Mountain that never ends.
    The valleys are long and strewn with stones;
    The streams broad and filled with thick grass.
    Moss is slippery though no rain has fallen;
    Pines sigh but it isn't the wind.
    Who can break from the snares of the world
    And sit with me among the white clouds?

These sites may be of use:

Cold Mountain - Selected Poems

Cold Mountain Buddhas
  • edited March 2006
    Thanks so much! I am new to Han-Shan however I find waking truth in his words! Thanks for the links again! Zm, do you ever write poems like this?
  • edited March 2006
    I write somewhat mediocre poetry(in my opinion), so whether it's like this would be for others to judge.