Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

cookies and hot tea are good

AMHAMH
edited December 2011 in General Banter
ahhhh, what a way to wind up the day. Decaff tea and cookies. I always have to have a snack before bed because my blood sugar drops too much in the middle of the night otherwise. And the temperature is much better, it was about 5 degrees early monday morning and then we lost power until almost 9 am, and it was really realy cold.

I am reading Le Petit Prince in French and borrowed a Spanish childrens book as well, just seeing how much I can understand.

What is everyone else doing that is just nice? hmmmm

Comments

• Tea is amazingly soothing! just FYI, I take a protein snack before going to bed. Protein keeps your blood sugar stable for a much longer time than carbs or sweets. Carbs cause it to spike, then crash. This is what doctors have explained, with charts and graphs. For me, that's the way it is. I get headaches if I eat carbs or sweets on an empty stomach.
  • Thanks, as much as I love popcorn the best I think a cheese stick or yogurt are even better. I am almost stupid scared of sugar in most cases but my mom made cookies for us.

I had the WORST nightmares constantly in high school, I was a vegie and weighed maybe 110 (not enough to donate blood). I just never ate (depression symptom). So many many years later I was talking to someone who had an experience waking with a nightmare and having her blood sugar so low she was almost in coma range and the connection clicked! So when I cant sleep or have nightmares I just eat.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    I drink hot tea like it's going out of style.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    I eat @Lincoln's cookies like they're going out of style. :D
  • DandelionDandelion London Veteran
    I drink hot tea like it's going out of style.
    Yep, me too. I no longer have blood going through my veins - just tea. As a northerner, I was brought up on a plethora of 'brews'.
    Right now, what I'm doing that is nice is I'm cooking a peppered mushroom and stilton pie. Here is the link for any foodies out there (it's also a very simple recipe, and I cheat on the pastry by buying the pre rolled stuff as I'm terrible at making pastry):

http://www.cookuk.co.uk/vegetarian/peppered-mushroom-stilton-pie.htm

• I eat @Lincoln's cookies like they're going out of style. :D
    Lincoln has cookies? Is he sharing?

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    I eat @Lincoln's cookies like they're going out of style. :D
    Lincoln has cookies? Is he sharing?

'Had' is more like it, unless he bought some more after I left.