Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just accept what is

taiyakitaiyaki Veteran
edited December 2011 in Arts & Writings
Embrace. Clinging when seen with wisdom becomes an embrace. Surrender and accept what is. Let infinity meet the heart and the heart meet infinity. Nothing to hold onto, nothing to let go of.

Everything spontaneously arisen. Infinite finites moving about.

To see that samsara is nirvana. To rest in this knowing. To see the movement of the tao.

Infinity looking at infinity looking at infinity, etc.

Comments

• This is the sort of thing that gives Buddhism and Taoism a bad name, or the wrong impression on people. How does the need for compassion, and an activist interpretation of compassion (working for positive change in the world) fit in here? I think more explanation of the philosophy you're presenting is needed, so people don't misunderstand it.
  • When clinging is seen through, then the clinging itself becomes the four immeasurables.
    The natural state of being is joy, compassion, love, and equanimity.

To see dependent origination is to see the lack of essences. To see this is to see the gateless gate or the lack of ground. This lack of ground leads to letting go.

To work on compassion is to actively encourage the seeds of awakening to occur. Yet ironically it is awakening that brings natural spontaneous compassion. So the path is the goal and the goal is the path.
  • I liked that last post. Thanks.
  • I like the first one, poetic and simple. I think it is something that could be focused on in the start of a meditation to focus on a day focus is challenged