Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Schizophrenic!!!

ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
edited April 2006 in General Banter
Eeks! In my quest for ambidexterity (double-handedness)... (See I was born a lefty but my sisters forced me to change to righty 'cause for some reason my grandpa dint like leftys alot and I decided to go back to my "self") LOL!!!

I've developed schizophrena!!! (And yes, it's proven! Trainning in ambidexterity may cause it)

Till now I have the usual symptoms... Delusions... Voices... Stuff... Crazier than what I should be... Still in the minor stages where my semi-rational brain still can keep it in check (hey you b**t**d that's imaginary!) and I have spoken about it to my closest companion... Well now I'm dropping ambidexterity trainning for a while... Not going to see a psychiatrist...

Any advice or anything? Anyone here had it before or has it in the present?

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2006
    There is no medical proof whatsoever , taht I can find, that ambidextereity is associated with schizophrenia. I've just spent ages trying to find any connection, and as far as I can ascertain, it doesn't exist.
    Show me where you have this proof ajani.

Thanks.
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Run a google for "ambidexterity schizophrenia"... Loads... :(
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2006
    OK... but it says that many schizophrenics are ambidexterous... but not all ambidexterous people are schizophrenic... and you were forced or coerced into ambidexterity, it wasn't natural to you..It's something you learnt, not something you were born with, Like leonardo da Vinci, for example, who was a perfect ambidexter, but who was not schizophrenic. Homosexual, yes, schizophrenic, no.

I think you can relax, ajani.
    A lot of the symptoms you describe are also indicative of adolescence... take it easy.
    edited March 2006
    I don't know... I understand what you are trying to say... You state of ambidexterity being common in schizophrenics but not schizophrenics in ambidexterous people...

He could predict the future in a sense could he not? Could he not do things that were considered crazy by his day's standards (or even our own day's)... And I remember being left by instinct, I wrote with my left and did things with my left, but I soon found no difficulty in using my right... With time, I lost my left muscle strength and my neural coordinations are reset...

Schizophrenia was something I was having every now and then - I knew it when I discovered the existence of this disorder. This is freakish. It comes and goes at days like weird mood swings... Then comes for weeks then disappears...

But I think I am schizophrenic and I just took a PRIME test testing me positive for it... LOL... This wouldn't be the first time I had a disorder in this form's history isn't it? This sucks... I have a quirky mind... Hey was I not eccentric once?

Anyone out there like me, ignoring the ambidexterous fact, who has a strange history of psychological disorders coming in for some time then disappearing, then another coming in and disappearing again? :( I love my intellect but I hate the machine that stores it.
    edited March 2006
    Taken from my results of the test (Quit laughing for those who think I'm really crazy):

1. I think that I have felt that there are odd or unusual things going on that I can’t explain.
    Your answer Slightly agree

2. I think that I might be able to predict the future.
    Your answer Definitely agree

3. I may have felt that there could possibly be something interrupting or controlling my thoughts, feelings, or actions.

4. I have had the experience of doing something differently because of my superstitions.
    Your answer Somewhat disagree

5. I think that I may get confused at times whether something I experience or perceive may be real or may be just part of my imagination or dreams.
    Your answer Not sure

6. I have thought that it might be possible that other people can read my mind, or that I can read other’s minds.

7. I wonder if people may be planning to hurt me or even may be about to hurt me.
    Your answer Not sure

8. I believe that I have special natural or supernatural gifts beyond my talents and natural strengths.

9. I think I might feel like my mind is “playing tricks” on me.
    Your answer Not sure

10. I have had the experience of hearing faint or clear sounds of people or a person mumbling or talking when there is no one near me.

11. I think that I may hear my own thoughts being said out loud.
    Your answer Not sure

12. I have been concerned that I might be “going crazy”.
    Your answer Somewhat agree

My choices of "definitely agreed" are mostly based on well... The enviroment. Absolute crappiness that could get me labelled as eccentric now turn against me, come true or simply something just happens, to label me as "schizophrenic"!
    edited March 2006
    Forget it I think as usual I will just have to relax and deal with it...

Think actually disorders are part and parcel of growing up isn't it? :)
  • edited March 2006
    If you suspect that you are Schizophrenic....please see the best clinical psychologist that you can get. The problem with this disease is that one can ingnore the symptoms, but then have a sudden downturn. This will leave you in such a confused state that you will not be able to get the help you need.

Please involve loving and supportive family members now, and tell them of your suspicions, and get help....NOW.

(Advice from a grieving mother of a schizophrenic...me.)
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Ajani...

I'm somewhat ambi too.

I was born a lefty in a society that only catered to righties. I remember being in school and not being able to find a pair scissors in kindergarten or the 1st grade that I could use.

I do some things left handed - because it's comfortable (shut up!) and I do other things right handed (no... leave me alone) because that's what I had to become accustomed to (who said that?) and so far, I see no association between ( I said SHUT UP!) the two conditions you're talking about.

-bf's
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Ajani,

I have to agree with Harlan, even though I think you're probably creating a mountain out of a molehill. But with things like Schizophrenia it's much better to err on the side of caution and get yourself properly checked out by a competent psychologist. I know we all can get a little neurotic when we read things and take tests about illnesses and trick ourselves into believing we have the illness. But if you really do have valid worries regarding this I think you should have it checked out if only to put your fears at rest.

Love,
    Brigid
    edited March 2006
    Well so far today I currently have my imaginary voices still here... But the delusions part is not so much anymore after some time with my panda today...

Well Argon too had it last year... But his took months to recover by himself... Hope I take less time...
  • edited March 2006
    I have been practicing writing with my left hand for the first time recently. I might get some remedial handwriting 1st grader books just to practice. But I havn't heard any voices yet...
    edited March 2006
    Now I'm trying to treat it as though it's just some bad guy-version of PMS... Hope it gets better.. LOL.

I was born sort of ambidexterous but I think there were other factors that caused this disordser now still..
  • edited April 2006
    dont make a mole hill out of a mountain ajani

you sound like you are on top this.. but like someone said earlier
    here get some professional help... i wouldnt want to see you take
    a turn for the worst and have to fight your way out..
    be prepared
    then take it one step at a time.
    maybe it wont escalate.. but be prepared..