Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Free All Beings

2»

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Hey!! No fair!!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited March 2006
    federica wrote:
    I think Palzang specifically means in the tradition of Vajrayana, not the 'general' path, BF....

The big problem for me specifically, is that I'm really not sure which tradition beckons to me most strongly.... and the second is to find the most apposite and relevant Teacher.

So whilst I will not disagree with anything you have put forward Palzang, from my perspective, at present, I have only this choice, or nothing at all.
    But I'm not complaining. :)

You're exactly right, Fede. While having a teacher may not seem particularly critical in other traditions, you can't do Vajrayana without one because the main practice is devotion, guru yoga.

Palzang
  • edited March 2006
    Oh, I see what you are saying now, Palzang.
  • edited March 2006
    Isn't that the point of all of this?

Buddhafoot don't you mean is there a point to all of this ?

HH
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited March 2006
    I think the only thing I had an issue with was the statement:

That, without a teacher, you would be better off doing nothing than starting on this path without a teacher.

Other than that, I was just blathering, my friend.

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    Isn't that the point of all of this?

Buddhafoot don't you mean is there a point to all of this ?

HH

Perhaps you could save time by not participating threads you find "pointless." :winkc: