Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Eckardt Tolle short interview

JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
edited January 2012 in Arts & Writings

Comments

• Idk y...but I love his voice.
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    I've defintly got that 99% repetative and negative thinking :(
  • IronRabbitIronRabbit Veteran
    edited January 2012
    Idk y...but I love his voice.
    Funny - when I first heard him I thought of the Gestapo! Especially his breathy little laugh in the middle of what he is saying. Sounded diabolical! Suspending judgement I got through the audiobook - The New World - and when finished I too was intrigued by Tolle's delivery and his wonderful message about being here now. Recently re-listened to - Even the Sun Will Die - a Sounds True interview with Tolle on September 11, 2001. I found it to be an elaboration of much of what is contained here in the OP's short interview. Eckhart is a keeper.
  • Idk y...but I love his voice.
    Funny - when I first heard him I thought of the Gestapo! Especially his breathy little laugh in the middle of what he is saying. Sounded diabolical! Suspending judgement I got through the audiobook - The New World - and when finished I too was intrigued by Tolle's delivery and his wonderful message about being here now. Recently re-listened to - Even the Sun Will Die - a Sounds True interview with Tolle on September 11, 2001. I found it to be an elaboration of much of what is contained here in the OP's short interview. Eckhart is a keeper.
    His body seems frail. I don't have anything negative to say about him or his cultivation of presence to everyday western folk.

I find religious debate, even on NB very taxing...the one thing I enjoy about tolle is that you can explain presence to a five year old.

And that is how you seperate good teachers from scholars.